1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahaha, what the hell! I'm a little behind the beat here and there but overall it fits so well. Well done It's a bit blushing to hear myself instead of The Opera Man himself but I won't deny I enjoyed it quite a lot Thanks for doing it.
    Haha..

Since you recorded it just with guitar/vocal and follow a different pattern it was a bit tricky. For other mixes I can adjust the tempo more easily because the parts you don't hear I use to match tempos.

In your case I couldn't do that (because no beat( and if I move your vocal I have to move the guitar too (which would have made the guitar sound off). So it's a bit of a compromise.

If you ever consider re-recording this, see if you can with a click-track and follow the original's pattern. I also had to use all kinds of onorthodox tricks to "treble up" your voice so maybe there's something you can do with recording settings. Can also send you the basic track without Bono (maybe I can peel Edge off too) so you can record along the original if that's easier
  2. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Haha..

Since you recorded it just with guitar/vocal and follow a different pattern it was a bit tricky. For other mixes I can adjust the tempo more easily because the parts you don't hear I use to match tempos.

In your case I couldn't do that (because no beat( and if I move your vocal I have to move the guitar too (which would have made the guitar sound off). So it's a bit of a compromise.

If you ever consider re-recording this, see if you can with a click-track and follow the original's pattern. I also had to use all kinds of onorthodox tricks to "treble up" your voice so maybe there's something you can do with recording settings. Can also send you the basic track without Bono (maybe I can peel Edge off too) so you can record along the original if that's easier
    Ps.

I'm looking for some U2 songs in the heavier mid tempo/ballad category that (very roughly) follow an E - G# - C# pattern in the verses and E - A, or include these chords in that order.

So far Ultraviolet and Stuck have partial matches, but I might be overlooking here. Every breaking wave includes some of those chords but starts in A. If you have any ideas, please let me know
  3. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Ps.

I'm looking for some U2 songs in the heavier mid tempo/ballad category that (very roughly) follow an E - G# - C# pattern in the verses and E - A, or include these chords in that order.

So far Ultraviolet and Stuck have partial matches, but I might be overlooking here. Every breaking wave includes some of those chords but starts in A. If you have any ideas, please let me know
    What about Kite? The E>A progression is very prominent there!

NLOTH has a very clear E>G#m pattern as well, I used to play it in a medley with The Fly and Ultraviolet and it fitted beautifully because, apart from the obvious tonal connection, they also share some of the rhythm/pulse which makes it easier to integrate into the medley

Can't think of any other examples right now that don't imply transposing tonalities (which I assume you don't want to do).
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..] I also had to use all kinds of onorthodox tricks to "treble up" your voice so maybe there's something you can do with recording settings. Can also send you the basic track without Bono (maybe I can peel Edge off too) so you can record along the original if that's easier
    Haha I know, I strayed from the microphone for the Pavarotti part because I didn't want to brickwall it, but actually I went too far and it sounds as it was recorded from Modena like the original

I don't think I would re-record this because it was thought and recorded on-the-go in a very specific moment & situation - recording it again on my own would totally defeat its point and meaning. But as I told you via PM I would be very glad to participate in a group cover of this beautiful song that's acquiring a new meaning for many of us.
  5. Well done, Sergio while watching this I remember a pic of Bono's published in our newspaper about his visit to sarajevo during the war... Bman in the basement, listening to some local punk band and drinking beer... striking resemblance indeed... regards from quarantine
  6. Originally posted by celtic:Well done, Sergio while watching this I remember a pic of Bono's published in our newspaper about his visit to sarajevo during the war... Bman in the basement, listening to some local punk band and drinking beer... striking resemblance indeed... regards from quarantine
    Thanks for the nice words I'd like to see that photo!!

7. This is one, but there's many more, he didn't have to practice social distancing though..
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Haha I know, I strayed from the microphone for the Pavarotti part because I didn't want to brickwall it, but actually I went too far and it sounds as it was recorded from Modena like the original

I don't think I would re-record this because it was thought and recorded on-the-go in a very specific moment & situation - recording it again on my own would totally defeat its point and meaning. But as I told you via PM I would be very glad to participate in a group cover of this beautiful song that's acquiring a new meaning for many of us.
    I completely understand that. Your version is great in its simplicity and catches a (personal) moment.

Technically, we could do a version with more fans that play instruments or sing if enough are up for it. I could mix it together (and maybe join) but it would require effort/coordination. Not sure if that's feasible when things change for everyone on a daily basis.
  9. Hahaha, this is absolute madness, had never seen this pic before. It's absolute mayhem, so random and Popmartish (even being from the end of 1995!) and funny and bizarre

10. So I know it's really about Bono's relationship with Bob but I've always figured that you can make this song about anything you want that's personal - I had a friend who's been going through some times so I really recorded this with her in mind but I guess it's kinda in the spirit of things in the current global climate.... (the vocal version stays with me tho ahah)
  11. Love it! The lower key works excellent with this song I think..
  12. Thanks! Yeah it's in E rather than A mainly for my voice ahah