1. Originally posted by evmanAllBecauseOfU2 what Newbury Comics did you go to get the The Ballad of Ronnie Drew single i live in mass also i know there's a Newbury Comics in Amherst mass and one in boston

I went to the one in central Mass at the Solomon Pond Mall in Marlboro. I've gotten all the U2 singles I have there. They're the only place I can find that still sells singles and imports. The one in Marlboro gets new ones all the time; I've cleaned them out more than once and come back and they've gotten more in. Definitely check it out.

If you're ever in the central Mass area and go to Worcester, there's a place called Jelly's CDs on Park Avenue close to downtown that sells used singles and sometimes bootlegs. They're more expensive than Newbury's though.
  2. just made another ebay purchase to add to the RS collection!!
  3. Originally posted by zooeyjust made another ebay purchase to add to the RS collection!!

RS?
  4. Originally posted by haytrainNot to beat a dead horse, but I just got this one framed:

[image]

Apollo Stadium. Just drove past there the other week...when going to see U2:3D, in fact.
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Apollo Stadium. Just drove past there the other week...when going to see U2:3D, in fact.

Really? I was wondering if you were familiar with it.
  6. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Really? I was wondering if you were familiar with it.

The Festival Theatre, it's known as now.

Fancy this for a review that I found doing a search for it's new name:

U2 , what an amazing band and brilliant concert. But where was the crowd? Sure, they were there in numbers but not in voices.

AAMI Stadium is home to some of the loudest crowds South Australia has ever heard, so long as footballers are on the park.

Maybe it was the fact everyone was in awe of the world’s greatest band, but the crowd’s “silence” was certainly not golden.

Now, I’m not saying we sat there like stunned mullets, but our gratitude for U2 making Adelaide part of its world tour seemed to be shown with a few cheers and soft claps at best.

It looked like there were 60,000 people there, just didn’t sound like it.

The crowd was lacklustre at best, with mild excitement whenever Bono mentioned “Adelaide’’ or worked anything Australian into his performance.

Aside from the mosh pit - where excitement is a given as those fans wait hours to grab their prime position - enthusiasm was definitely lacking.

I had seated tickets and stood as the band came on stage.

Of course, I and the others in front of me were met with muffled groans from those who preferred to sit.

Thirteen years ago, I was at AAMI Stadium for U2’s Zooropa tour. There were a third of the fans there but they made three times as much noise as Thursday night’s crowd.

What were your thoughts?
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

The Festival Theatre, it's known as now.

Fancy this for a review that I found doing a search for it's new name:

[..]

Interesting read there.....doesn't sound like you Adelaidians (is that a word?) were too into the show!
  8. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Interesting read there.....doesn't sound like you Adelaidians (is that a word?) were too into the show!

It sounds like a word, even if it wasn't before. But I found a lot just sat there, not as interested as they could have been, and didn't find it interesting. I think Sydney, Melbourne, Perth (on POPmart) and Brisbane were more into it - and I agree with the football part at the top.
  9. I envy you guys so much right know that I think I'm going to go and die a little right know ....
    The closest thing to cllectibles I have is this really, REALLY big Joshua Tree poster. And of course the Joshua Tree (Super Deluxe Edition) box.

New here by the way. Don't mind my bad english...I'm from Sweden xP
  10. Originally posted by alexxthefoolI envy you guys so much right know that I think I'm going to go and die a little right know ....
    The closest thing to cllectibles I have is this really, REALLY big Joshua Tree poster. And of course the Joshua Tree (Super Deluxe Edition) box.

New here by the way. Don't mind my bad english...I'm from Sweden xP

great to have your input mate and welcome to the site. Get yourself an ebay account and kiss your mortgage goodbye (assuming you have one, if not then kiss goodbye to all the other basics)
  11. Whoa.

Shame I don't have £400 spare somewhere.