1. Trust you to want to hear dark music - darkest taste in music I know haha
  2. Where's the balls in rock and roll these days.

'Oh we don't want to offend the people'.

I like music to be heavy and meaningful, not about birds and ordinary love.

Enter to Theme from Let's Go Native!

I'll take it. And if LGN gets a bit stale, swap out to Viva Davidoff. U2 can sort of pretend they've some link to cigarette companies. Who needs Apple or Blackberry when you can have them.
  3. I'm with you
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Where's the balls in rock and roll these days.

Absolutely agree... I don't like them (or anyone else) to play "safe and correct" music...
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins:^ I'm sure you can play anything in concert you want, but it can't have had an official release (case in point: Send In The Clowns).

No really, you can't.
    I'll give you an example : Belgian court forbade Madonna to play Frozen, a single of hers, because it sounded an tiny bit like a song that no one heard of from someone in Mouscron. She played it anyway and had to pay a fee.
    Plus I remember that an artist was seen as evil because some of his songs would evoke a riot and he was forbidden to play certain songs again. But I don't remember who it was sorry.
    Actually Rammstein was declared enemy of the state number 1 in Belarus because of their latest album, Liebe ist für alle da.
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Where's the balls in rock and roll these days.

very few balls remaining around
  7. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]

If court can forbid to play a song because of plagiarism,why wouldn't it be possible to forbid a song that (unintentionally) lead to a dead person ? Court could also judge the song evokes evil things.
    Everything is possible in court, believe me.

Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]

No really, you can't.
    I'll give you an example : Belgian court forbade Madonna to play Frozen, a single of hers, because it sounded an tiny bit like a song that no one heard of from someone in Mouscron. She played it anyway and had to pay a fee.
    Plus I remember that an artist was seen as evil because some of his songs would evoke a riot and he was forbidden to play certain songs again. But I don't remember who it was sorry.
    Actually Rammstein was declared enemy of the state number 1 in Belarus because of their latest album, Liebe ist für alle da.

Belgian courts are crazy then.
  8. Indeed.
    I'll stop talking about my country. It's probably getting annoying.

Anyway, to go back on topic : are you guys a fan of Bullet The Blue Sky ?
    As it's one of the most played songs, it might come back...
    But I never saw what's so special about it. And I don't think Bono can do the chorus justice (anymore).
  9. by the way (digression open and close) ... next year for the european tour ..

Metallica by Request

After spending the better part of the last couple of years making our film Through The Never, we are so ready to make another album... it's been far too long! And when we're locked away in the studio, history has dictated that we always need that inspirational break to soak up all the great live Metalli-energy that you guys bring to the gigs. So as we may have done once or twice before (!!), we will be hitting the road this summer, but not just for another "European vacation"... we've added a twist - YOU PICK THE SET LIST!!

As we embark on two short treks through Europe, we're going to give you, the ticket holders, the chance to vote on what songs you would like to hear at the show(s) that you attend. It will be pretty simple... pick up your ticket(s) online and you'll receive an e-mail shortly after with a code and a link to a site on which you may cast your ballot. We normally play around 18 songs a night, and since we didn't want to be left out of the fun, the band also gets to vote... and we vote for a NEW SONG! That leaves the other 17 slots for you to choose, so vote for all your favorites from the close to 140 songs we've recorded in our career and to make it more fun along the way, you'll be able to follow what you and your fellow fans are selecting by watching the site for continuous results.
  10. There's no problem with you speaking about Belgium, Glenn, don't cut it.

But your courts are crazy

Ronnnie, continuing with your offtopicness, they're playing Rome on July 1st, it's been announced just a couple of minutes ago. Same venue where Bruce played that legendary show this summer that I missed for 12 hours The "you choose the setlist" is awesome Muse did something similar in their Resistance tour (2009-10), but not as amazing - they let the audience for each concert vote for 3 songs (among their whole catalogue) which they wanted to get played at each show, and they (Muse) chose one of those songs each night to play.

How great would it be if U2 did something similar?
  11. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Indeed.

But I never saw what's so special about it. And I don't think Bono can do the chorus justice (anymore).

I love Bullet The Blue Sky.

It adds to the intensity of the middle of the show. And it's political / issue-irific - something U2 have always done either obviously or quite subtly.
  12. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Indeed.

Don t stop , i like Belgium !

I m tired of Bullet the blue sky... and they have many others songs that can fit

The same thoughts about Exit ... it is a shame but is not for this U2 ..i love it

Form NLOTH i think they still play Magnificent and GOYB and sometimes MOS ... i would love to listen NLOTH live again

Zooropa , TUF must stay in the setlist . They were played in perfect way

If you do a poll on line for sure the classics will win ...so the setlists will be very close to they did recently ...so maybe a poll in u2start will change the whole setlist