1. for $40 a year U2.com is a complete rip-off at the moment. all you get for your money is the 'free' Cds (which you've actually just paid for when you pay your membership fee.)

and wasn't the latest exclusive just a home video of adam walking through a photography exhibition? you couldnt even see the photographs.

thanks god we have sites like this one!
  2. Anything to improve even 1% on the shambles of the last ticket pre-sale is good for all.
  3. Does anyone know what effect it has on the stadiums they visit?
    Here in holland i would like(hope!) to see them in Rotterdam in ''De Kuip''(a better accoustic) but not in the Amsterdam Arena(only if they do a proper job on the audio/acoustic!)
    or is it no spectacular change for the fans?
  4. Originally posted by ad87Does anyone know what effect it has on the stadiums they visit?
    Here in holland i would like(hope!) to see them in Rotterdam in ''De Kuip''(a better accoustic) but not in the Amsterdam Arena(only if they do a proper job on the audio/acoustic!)
    or is it no spectacular change for the fans?

Feyenoord has always sounded good in bootlegs
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Feyenoord has always sounded good in bootlegs

yeah, but the last time they were there was ten years ago...
    dont know the reason from Mojo(promoter) to move it to gelredome (2001) and amsterdam(2005)
    but maybe its just nostalgy for me..they've been there from 1984-1998...
    we'l see next year..
  6. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

I'm curious to know if any of our members that are U2.com subscribers had problems getting the tickets on the last tour....I suppose that's a separate topic in itself.

Got mine no problem. Not been a member since though.
  7. bump for palmito

Originally posted by palmitoMadonna, and now U2, what do you think about the new deal with Live Nation?
    U2 will be free for their live career? or this is the end of an area,
    The band always say in the past that they never accept a commercial support for theirs gigs,
    Who know Live Nation?
    what's your opinion about this,
    hi friends!

The details of the deal have never been fully released. I don;t think it will be to big a deal. I'm sure Paul Mc Guinness will have made sure he's held on to most of the rights in regards to all the big details (schedule, length, stage etc). I'm not sure exactly how restrictive this deal will be but i'm sure it's a case of 'give away as little as possible for the biggest return'. Thats big Paul.

I think Live Nation will also manage tour merchandise which should be no big deal. Basically t-shirts, posters and tour books. I don't think it'l have much effect on the boys and their tours. . . and it it means they'l play the Point again. . . .
  8. Thank Gerard! I hope that the ticket's price will not suffer of this deal, I talk about this because the price for the Madonna's concert is the double than U2, It's difficult to get ticket yet , and now if the price is too expansive, it would be impossible to see our favourite band!
  9. Originally posted by palmitoThank Gerard! I hope that the ticket's price will not suffer of this deal, I talk about this because the price for the Madonna's concert is the double than U2, It's difficult to get ticket yet , and now if the price is too expansive, it would be impossible to see our favourite band!

I'll pay 1000 euros, I must see them once for sure.
  10. Originally posted by palmitoThank Gerard! I hope that the ticket's price will not suffer of this deal, I talk about this because the price for the Madonna's concert is the double than U2, It's difficult to get ticket yet , and now if the price is too expansive, it would be impossible to see our favourite band!

hasn't she always been pricey though?
  11. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

I'll pay 1000 euros, I must see them once for sure.

I understand you, but it's not possible for everyone, and it's not a solution!
  12. It sounds good, and who knows, maybe U2 will go back to places they haven't been to for many years (or even at all). Wasn't there something MTV and LN were doing a deal for in the Philippines or somewhere like that - one of the sites had it anyway. No worries, I'll be up at 6am to get those tickets - and if I have to miss a day of work to get them, so be it.

How much is 1000 euros, roughly in US dollars?