1. Just to clarify, when people outside of the U2 fanbase say good things about U2, that's a good thing.
  2. Link to Tweet

Tomorrow from 9am, @Davefanningshow has a World Exclusive first play! (Of Red Hill Mining Town 2017 Mix)
  3. Nice!

4. The drums definitely have me thinking 90s style Larry drumming, yes!

Also, anyone else think that the lyrics Bono sings are kind of tied to his oft-quoted opinion that "America's not a country, it's an idea"?

"It's not a place, this country is to be a sound of drum and bass..."
  5. Originally posted by bpt3:Also, anyone else think that the lyrics Bono sings are kind of tied to his oft-quoted opinion that "America's not a country, it's an idea"?

Obviously!
  6. I don't understand why this is important. U2 should care about their own fanbase.
  7. "If you choose to let go of that aspect of the culture of 'popular music' and you choose to be less popular, you're sort of in a different game." - Adam, 2015
  8. It's clear that you don't like the song at all, which is fine. But take a look at this article for why this collaboration between Kendrick and U2 makes a lot of sense. They both are socially and politically engaged in important issues and both trying to push boundaries creatively by doing this. The author compare this song to a Zooropa-type collaboration...
    https://www.google.com/amp/uproxx.com/music/kendrick-lamar-damn-u2-xxx/amp/
  9. I liked Bono's part, but not the song. I'm fine with the collaboration as long as it doesn't foreshadow SOE.