1. I don’t see a 5 year GAP. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a new album within next two years (Songs of Ascent or Man) then a final World Tour.

Band reaching 60 and with Bono’s health issues don’t see them lasting much longer. A 5 year silence from the band would not make much sense.
  2. I think this is it for them - Bono has given letters to his children and wrote songs for a better world in SOE. Nothing left to do, prove or say I'm my opinion.
  3. Originally posted by AMLBONO:I don’t see a 5 year GAP. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a new album within next two years (Songs of Ascent or Man) then a final World Tour.

Band reaching 60 and with Bono’s health issues don’t see them lasting much longer. A 5 year silence from the band would not make much sense.
    yeah......I think they will not be like the Stones indeed.
    But well deserved if they say that's it.
  4. They deserve a break, let's enjoy it this year. We'll see what's coming to us. But Edge said also: "There's lots of ideas for the next records" So that explains something too. Sure there will be a new tour after, with JT songs I hope. But a very interesting story.
  5. I think everything the band have said since the release of SOE points to them not being finished. I know we can’t always take the band’s word for things but I would say there is absolutely no doubt in my mind we haven’t heard there last album or tour. Looking at the last few years though it really has me thinking about the band I love. They’ve released an album in SOI that for me came close to challenging there big two albums. An album full of only good or great songs. Then SOE providing a similar level of quality perhaps falling a little short of its predecessor but still exceeding expectation. A song in love is bigger than anything in its way that was to me the song I needed and wanted from them. I’ll never forget listening in live with Rob on Facebook and having already enjoyed 11 tracks just being completely mesmorised by this song. It still has the same effect on me now. Anyway I feel like the last 2 albums have only strengthened my love for u2.
  6. I'd be fine if they did a quiet release of Songs of Ascent without a tour.
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    We should do a countdown of the best uses of WOWY in films or series. My favorite is still Michael Scott's corny documentary in The Office.
  8. They signed a mega deal with live nation , that took away their timeless notion of doing any work.
    The contract states they do work within timescale of the contract
  9. After this tour, some concerts at venues (Sarajevo?) who are special for U2. Then, two last gigs at slane. We all can die happy.