1. Originally posted by bonoschild:Was there any confirmation of what his "illness" was? I know the "arresting experience" stuff, that led me to think it was cardiac-related. His voice and energy now is better than JT17 hands down

In Hotpress Magazine Dec 2017 in a long interview the author wrote that "Bono was seriously ill, and close to death, struck down with a potentially fatal illness. But he doesn't want to name it what it was.
  2. Thanks!

3. Bono collaborating on a charity project. This single features a cover of Simon and Garfunkel’s “Homeward Bound” recorded by the Street Lights collective, which features Bono, Snow Patrol’s Gary Lightbody, Villagers, The High Hopes Choir, Cathy Davey, Loah, Roisin O, Join Me In The Pines, Saint Sister and Colm Mac Con. The song has been recorded for charity, and all proceeds from sale of the song will go to Peter McVerry Trust, Simon Community Ireland and Focus Ireland which will put the profits towards rehousing throughout Ireland.
    The single was released as a digital single on November 16, 2018. (source: U2songs.com)
  4. Thought the song was boring, and then Bono's voice came in.

What a voice ;D