1. I like it, though definitely prefer Bono's earlier version, but then again I would imagine most of us here on U2Start are likely biased that way anyhow.

If covid19 wasn't a thing right now. you can kinda imagine the band and production crew spending months refining this and totally overcooking it with mixing before releasing it on a new album, or on the other hand shelving it because it doesn't fit the concept / narrative of whatever the new album is.

Yet that first unpolished version Bono sang a few weeks ago was an absolute gem, albeit a slightly unpolished one - but Bono sounded beautiful on it - the melody, tone and poignancy were just perfect, and even more so considering the subject matter - imho at least.

I wonder how many rough gems the band have discarded or put in the vaults down the years for one reason or another that will never see the light of day.

If there's more gas in the tank in the next few years for U2 and when this awful pandemic is beaten, then I do hope the band refrain from this endless mixing / production we've had over the last 15 years or so, and go with some gut instinct on any future albums.

Sometimes I'm sure the song is pretty much 'there' right away with the exception of a little bit of polish.

Anyway, rambling... back to U2 Latest News and Sightings...
  2. Don't know if its really news but if you buy the new iPhone SE in PRODUCT(RED) some of the money goes to the global fund fighting Covid instead of HIV now.
  3. They shared a video of City Of Blinding Lights from Vertigo Tour in Vancouver 2005 on their Facebook(and instagram):
    https://www.facebook.com/u2/videos/2634493103494264/

Have they shared anything from this show before?

If I remember correctly, they recorded the Vancouver shows, but decided to record and release Chicago instead(?)
  4. The Vancouver shoot was the official video shoot. That's the official video.
  5. They shared, well, the official COBL videoclip. Uploaded 11 years ago

6. Not sure if they filmed the 28th and 29th full shows ( ** ) in that type of quality, though. I've always liked it much better than the Chicago concert (not hard!) so it would be amazing if they shared the whole thing, or just any more footage from it.

( ** ) This clip was filmed on April 27th - a whole day ahead of the two proper shows (Apr 28th and 29th). They just invited some fans to fill up the GA and make it look like a proper concert. Apart from that, the gigs were allegedly recorded too as a rehearsal for the upcoming Chicago gigs, but I don't think they ever intended Vancouver to be released.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Not sure if they filmed the 28th and 29th full shows ( ** ) in that type of quality, though. I've always liked it much better than the Chicago concert (not hard!) so it would be amazing if they shared the whole thing, or just any more footage from it.

( ** ) This clip was filmed on April 27th - a whole day ahead of the two proper shows (Apr 28th and 29th). They just invited some fans to fill up the GA and make it look like a proper concert. Apart from that, the gigs were allegedly recorded too as a rehearsal for the upcoming Chicago gigs, but I don't think they ever intended Vancouver to be released.
    Ah, I always thought that video was from Chicago.

Interesting that they announced that they are recording a video before starting the show, if they weren't planning on releasing anything from it.
  8. Originally posted by LosslessJoel:[..]
    Ah, I always thought that video was from Chicago.

Interesting that they announced that they are recording a video before starting the show, if they weren't planning on releasing anything from it.
    Well, might have been for legal reasons just so people were aware they were gonna be filmed. And they actually released something from it (COBL official videoclip)! The videoclip might also be a mix of the footage from the 27th plus some bits from the following nights as they susually do.
  9. There's also the theory that Vancouver could have been potentially released but the girl that Bono brought up on stage during Yahweh just fucked it up This laughs in the face of drinking champagne with a potentially under-age girl

10. Originally posted by LikeASong:There's also the theory that Vancouver could have been potentially released but the girl that Bono brought up on stage during Yahweh just fucked it up This laughs in the face of drinking champagne with a potentially under-age girl

[YouTube Video]
    Wow, that girl was like...
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:Not sure if they filmed the 28th and 29th full shows ( ** ) in that type of quality, though. I've always liked it much better than the Chicago concert (not hard!) so it would be amazing if they shared the whole thing, or just any more footage from it.

I was lucky enough to get in to the COBL shoot. Was there a day early for the 28th show and I think I had to meet at the venue to trade tickets with another fan. Didn't know about the shoot, saw the line, and was like "Yep, I'm in". My buddy with me for the show decided to go see Vancouver instead. As a twist of fate, the girl I traded my tickets with got pulled on stage for One on the 28th, which was cool to see.