1. Why exactly...
  2. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    But what happened with SOI was a PR nightmare, bigger than a stupid, unnecessary movie or a tour with some mediocre attendance numbers. It wasn’t handled well at all. Luckily U2’s legacy is big enough to withstand the hit, but it did more harm than good by far.

It might have annoyed a few self absorbed apple geeks but they got their music heard by half a billion people a lot of whom would never buy a U2 record and the whole world was talking about them all of their back catalogue went back into the charts ,the tour was a huge success and sold out everywhere so job done
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

It might have annoyed a few self absorbed apple geeks but they got their music heard by half a billion people a lot of whom would never buy a U2 record and the whole world was talking about them all of their back catalogue went back into the charts ,the tour was a huge success and sold out everywhere so job done
    Amen. I liked it
  4. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    So he's actually going to start managing U2 now?

Dude dropped the ball with SOI. Not only with the release, but with the aftermath. And then once Bono had his bike injury, ALL promotion of SOI just stopped.

When the lead singer needs surgery with a long recovery it is kind od hard to promote new music.

I blame the press reviews for SOI. No talk about actual music.

The Apple move was great, got the press and the back catalogue in charts and a Massive audience potential. If a hip artist or a critic darling did it everyone would praise it. Ie Jay z tossing new album on Samsung phones...
  5. I never understood the fuzz about the Apple release anyway, I just thought it was very handy to just "accept" it in iTunes (not to mention it was free)..
  6. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Invisible's release was a dry run for SOI, at least it seems that way to me. They screwed up because it went into everyone's library rather than just being free on the store.

I often think about how such a small change in the release could’ve prevented the whole fiasco. Truly incredible no one thought of this.
  7. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]

I often think about how such a small change in the release could’ve prevented the whole fiasco. Truly incredible no one thought of this.
    Did it? I remember it was just sitting there as an offer. First had to accept it before it was downloaded to my device(s)?
  8. No, it was in everyone's libraries and people who have automatic downloads selected didn't have a choice.
  9. Just shows you the mentality of some sad people out there to complain about free music appearing on there device. They could just delete it if they didn’t like it. People making a fuss for the sake of making a fuss that’s all it is.
  10. Yeah, that's what I meant. It was in my library but not pushed to my device. I never switch things like aut. downloads on, so for me it was just like a gift waiting. And that's why I never understood the fuss about it..