1. If you don't take a few moments to configure your settings and read the T&Cs, and you get something you don't like, then you learn what can happen. Yet, these same people would have no qualms in allowing the social media apps to invade their devices.

*** and I never even got a copy of it on iTunes either auto-downloaded ... ***

As for the discussion at hand, this particular tune, it's okay, it's passable but why have a floating Bono head and a seemingly odd recall to part of the One Step Closer lyric - 'a heart that hurts is a heart...' - but hey, as long as songs like this don't once again end up on the next U2 album - all should be relatively okay. Anyway, nobody's listening to a new U2 album outside of the fan world and that's just how it goes.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    [..]
    [..]
    [..]
    You all missed the point, or misunderstood my post. I was talking about people around me mocking and picking on me for being a U2 fan. That happened strongly in 2014 but even more so since this last Friday. And even within U2 circles the general agreement is that this "performance" was really bad and nothing to be proud of. I hadn't seen this much of a consensus in the U2 fanbase since we all agreed Beautiful Day was an awful opener in 2010. Seriously.

I understood your post just fine. I just find it hard to understand how the scale of this Euro thing is comparable with that of the Apple thing. In terms of exposure. Must be an age or a mainland European thing. I don’t know anyone outside of this website who’s even aware that U2 were involved in a Euro 2020 song. And I live in Ireland. I guess we have more important priorities than what wheeze Bono is up to these days. In any event, Mockery and embarrassment are par for the course for being a U2 fan. Especially in Ireland!!! Bono is King of Cringe, but he doesn’t seem to give a fuck anymore, so I guess that’s admirable in itself.
  3. Ready for another underwhelming and/or different version on what they're actually working on as a band?
  4. I actually like a combination of things they are describing. I posted about it a while back on a u2 FB group in fact about them having a new album of half proper rock songs like Bono had described and half full band acoustic songs, all new songs though. I think 5 of each could give us something fresh to bring to a new tour. I always liked how Acrobat went into Best Thing on E&I and I like the idea of something as heavy as Exit for example being followed by something like the full band piano version of stuck in a moment. Not saying it has to be rocker followed by acoustic but I think they compliment each other well and balance things nicely.

5. Little would you know!

Oasis and maybe u might be close to the mark. Haven’t listened to Coldplay since Parachutes !

Half this forum just have blinkers on when it comes to this band!

If it smells like bullshit and looks like bullshit it’s generally bullshit!

6. Remember, Edge is usually very vague when it comes to information about new music and the bands future plans. We won’t hear any good tidbits from him.

Bono is the opposite. “We have 3 new albums ready to release and were already working on # 4 and 5! It’s like pure titanium punk & soul from Neptune! 2022 is going to be our year!!”

Adam is the best one for accurate and realistic information.

Larry is an essential employee who does a job and collects a very large paycheck. He doesn’t care about what the others want to do.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:Remember, Edge is usually very vague when it comes to information about new music and the bands future plans. We won’t hear any good tidbits from him.

Bono is the opposite. “We have 3 new albums ready to release and were already working on # 4 and 5! It’s like pure titanium punk & soul from Neptune! 2022 is going to be our year!!”

Adam is the best one for accurate and realistic information.

Larry is an essential employee who does a job and collects a very large paycheck. He doesn’t care about what the others want to do.
    Larry is the employer
  8. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]

Little would you know !!

Oasis and maybe u might be close to the mark. Haven’t listened to Coldplay since Parachutes !

Half this forum just have blinkers on when it comes to this band!

If it smells like bullshit and looks like bullshit it’s generally bullshit!

You like Oasis & don't listen to Coldplay..... You at least don't have bad taste.
  9. Not sure about that lol, but i will apologise for the insult ( and edit it out )
  10. Yeah what the hell is going on here