1. Originally posted by LikeASong:The "performance" was very, very, very, very lame.

This has been one of the most embarrasing moments I can remember to be a U2 fan. I can't think of any other time when my friends, mates and even people I haven't talked to in a long time have mocked me as with this Bono&Edge appearance. Even worse than the SOI release debacle in Sept 2014.
    Thankyou !! Glad someone else can see thru the bullshit and agrees !! I also rank this up there with the Apple release!
  2. Whats the problem with the Apple release? You have to separate it from the album SOI. Which is the best U2 record since Achtung Baby.
  3. Apple release saw several U2 albums in the charts.

This is more like Spiderman excursion. Separate Bono and Edge debacle. Which they followed with the biggest tour of their career.
  4. Originally posted by ferrari:Whats the problem with the Apple release? You have to separate it from the album SOI. Which is the best U2 record since Achtung Baby.
    My thoughts exactly.

I blame reviewers/media not giving a fair chance to the album.
  5. Genuine question as opposed to a criticism why is it any time u2 do something you don’t like ,and admittedly a lot of fans might not like, you get dramatic about it. What the band do from now until the end of their career is in no way going to have a negative impact on their legacy. 40+ years of amazing live performances, #1 albums and hit singles and you think the way they release an album or a performance at the Euro’s is going to have a negative impact? That just seems like a wild thought. I don’t even see the apple release as negative, I actually find it quite funny how much it annoyed certain people. I’m not a Justin Bieber fan but if a new album of his popped up on my iPhone tomorrow I would just delete it. Why get so worked up about it. Crazy. I think whilst it had more negative press than positive the actual impact it made was more positive than negative. Some people will have got into the band as a result and the songs will have been listened to by more people than if it wasn’t given away, that’s a fact so job done.
  6. Originally posted by ferrari:Whats the problem with the Apple release? You have to separate it from the album SOI. Which is the best U2 record since Achtung Baby.
    Really sure you haven`t missed something
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Genuine question as opposed to a criticism why is it any time u2 do something you don’t like ,and admittedly a lot of fans might not like, you get dramatic about it. What the band do from now until the end of their career is in no way going to have a negative impact on their legacy. 40+ years of amazing live performances, #1 albums and hit singles and you think the way they release an album or a performance at the Euro’s is going to have a negative impact? That just seems like a wild thought. I don’t even see the apple release as negative, I actually find it quite funny how much it annoyed certain people. I’m not a Justin Bieber fan but if a new album of his popped up on my iPhone tomorrow I would just delete it. Why get so worked up about it. Crazy. I think whilst it had more negative press than positive the actual impact it made was more positive than negative. Some people will have got into the band as a result and the songs will have been listened to by more people than if it wasn’t given away, that’s a fact so job done.
    I think he is a Coldplay fan who is just jealous of U2's level of high quality which Coldplay is and will be unable to reach ever.
  8. In the meantime, the song has again reached number 1 in the " combined " European iTunes songs chart..... Mission accomplished !! Not only that..... The song is also at number 8 in the worldwide iTunes songs chart !!
  9. Honestly WATPWBWF isn't my cup of tea and i didn't really like the performance but to call it the most embarrassing moment to be a U2 fan is a very very big stretch i feel
  10. Originally posted by ferrari:Whats the problem with the Apple release? You have to separate it from the album SOI. Which is the best U2 record since Achtung Baby.
    You all missed the point, or misunderstood my post. I was talking about people around me mocking and picking on me for being a U2 fan. That happened strongly in 2014 but even more so since this last Friday. And even within U2 circles the general agreement is that this "performance" was really bad and nothing to be proud of. I hadn't seen this much of a consensus in the U2 fanbase since we all agreed Beautiful Day was an awful opener in 2010. Seriously.
  11. About the Apple release of soi, I simply don't care and read what People say on social media or journalists write. It says not much about the fact if a record is good, average, bad or whatever. I follow my own opinion.
  12. Originally posted by ferrari:[..]
    About the Apple release of soi, I simply don't care and read what People say on social media or journalists write. It says not much about the fact if a record is good, average, bad or whatever. I follow my own opinion.
    And you should follow your own opinion 👍 Everybody loves or hate things for themselves. I don't care much for another one's opinion about U2 as well. I like/love them. Even their worst album is more enjoyable to me than some other bands best album. And if others have another opinion that's ok to me, but i enjoy it my way

About the apple release: i think the majority of the i-tunes users have forgotten about it. Only the U2 fans and the U2 haters still remember