1. Damn 2024 :/ that would be a bummer
  2. Any news on that new contract they were going to sign before Covid?
  3. I asked the same thing to a friend of us that is close to the band, and he told me: "They were due to sign it just as Covid hit, so both sides decided to wait to see what happened in the world and to operate under the old terms until such time that they agreed to a new one".
  4. 2024 seems far too long, a 6 and half - 7 year weight between albums. I can’t see it. I think mid 2023 at worst but hopefully a good bit sooner. I’m still interested to know more about the project Adam was talking about. It would be pleasantly surprising if they did manage to get new material released before the end of the year. It seems strange what Adam is describing though after Bono talking about almost the total opposite with the rock album so that’s why I think if there is to be an acoustic or stripped back album this year it won’t be the one they tour. For an album that they tour I still predict a late 2022-early 2023 release and a tour in 2023 as well. But it’s u2 so who knows.
  5. Aw yeah! Can't wait to hear Vertigo and COBL! And a string and trumpet version of Crumbs
  6. probaly end 2022 is a New Tour, without album.
  7. Late 2022 new album.
    2023 NA and EU Stadium tour. Depending on the Covid situation they might do a few shows in SA and ROW in 2024.

I quite like Deans idea of them releasing an album of reworked songs at the end of this year without touring it. Almost takes the pressure off releasing new material.
  8. Idk, I'm still hopeful we hear about something before or by years end.
  9. They always record songs and make albums with the thought that these songs will be played live and maybe now it's time to think about releasing an album with a more ethereal, experimental sound without necessarily having to rearrange the songs in order to make them more easily playable in a live concert.
    If I'm not mistaken, Coldplay never planned on touring their last album. It's clearly more experimental and abstract than their previous work and they recorded some really interesting songs. I'd love to know what kind of an album we'd get if the Fez sessions weren't affected by the thought of 'hey, we need these songs to make sense live, we need songs that make sense in an enormous 360 stadium tour'.
    It probably goes against U2's instincts to record songs that are not necessarily meant to be played live, but times have changed and it'll be a great idea to put out a studio album without thinking about a massive tour to support the songs. U2 knows there are a lot of loyal, devoted fans that would highly appreciate a new album during these times and 3 of the 4 band members have mentioned there's a lot of material that was around either pre-Covid or written during the pandemic.
  10. "They always record songs and make albums with the thought that these songs will be played live and maybe now it's time to think about releasing an album with a more ethereal, experimental sound without necessarily having to rearrange the songs in order to make them more easily playable in a live concert"

Songs from Achtung baby, Zooropa, Pop were difficult to play live it took them a long time to nail them and in some circumstances they just ditched certain songs that didn't work ,but yeah maybe they need to experiment a bit more on the next record as they can forget about trying to have hit singles again as much as they tried on the last 2 albums it just didn't happen but I do think they feel they got badly burnt on POP and are hesitant about going down that route again.