1. A year and a half from now roughly at the latest imo, so mid 2023 which is 5 and a half years since SOE. What does make me curious visiting u2songs website is Adam seems far more sure of an album being worked on than playing live anytime soon. I don’t think it’s impossible that they release an album without touring it and I think that could potentially speed up things. Only potentially.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    A year and a half from now roughly at the latest imo, so mid 2023 which is 5 and a half years since SOE. What does make me curious visiting u2songs website is Adam seems far more sure of an album being worked on than playing live anytime soon. I don’t think it’s impossible that they release an album without touring it and I think that could potentially speed up things. Only potentially.
    He mentioned starting to plan a tour next Spring at the earliest. They usually start planning a year in advance. So that points towards some thought of a Spring 2023 outing...which would suggest a Fall 2022 album release.
  3. I’m predicting a fall 2022 album release, with a major world tour to follow in 2023-24. Possibly their last, at least on a grand scale. Although if everyone stays healthy I can see another big world tour at the end of the 20’s.
  4. Originally posted by podiumboy:I’m predicting a fall 2022 album release, with a major world tour to follow in 2023-24. Possibly their last, at least on a grand scale. Although if everyone stays healthy I can see another big world tour at the end of the 20’s.
    I can’t see them finishing before 2026, that would be the 50th anniversary of the band forming and they’re so close now. Then there’s 2030, so 50 years from there first album. The band would only really be at retirement age by 2026 doing something they love, maybe 2030 is just that bit much when they’ll be hitting 70. But for as long as the band are healthy and happy to carry on I’ll be right there with them.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I can’t see them finishing before 2026, that would be the 50th anniversary of the band forming and they’re so close now. Then there’s 2030, so 50 years from there first album. The band would only really be at retirement age by 2026 doing something they love, maybe 2030 is just that bit much when they’ll be hitting 70. But for as long as the band are healthy and happy to carry on I’ll be right there with them.
    I don't know. It's been mentioned in 2019 that they had a lot of work done towards the next album. And Adam's mentioned a few times they have a bunch of songs put away. They may be closer to a finish line than anyone thinks. And if that one doesn't work out they have "Songs of Ascent" they could pull out LOL.
  6. I wonder what Bono will write about, I wish a rock album
  7. Oh no, I can already tell this next tour will be stadiums. Yuck. I’d say they could be touring as early as Fall 22 depending on when they announce it.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I care more about the next tour than the next album.
  8. JT17 was planned in November, announced January, and first show was in May.
  9. Just release an album in March of next year. Any album will do... most people really only care about the tour at this point. European stadiums next summer, then a combination of stadiums and arenas in North America in the fall/winter. Then Australia, South America, Asia in early 2023. Then maybe another run through Europe and/or North America in summer/fall 2023.

That's my fantasy. Come on guys, just DO IT!!!!

But with RHCP and Coldplay, and probably others, they're already announcing their stadium tours for next summer. I think that's the new norm. So that's why I'm thinking album in late 22, along with a stadium tour announcement for 2023.
  10. I hope they reconsider AB30. 2023?