1. It wouldn't surprise me if they release an album and hold off on touring for a year or more. I think they're ready to take it easy and enjoy life.. especially with Covid not going away. Yeah other bands are touring again, but U2 is in no hurry. Like I said before, they could have sorted out an album last year and released something, but they're taking their time and doing things on their terms. I still want to know what they're technically obligated to do under the terms of their contract

2. You must be in the extreme minority then. If anything I became more of a fan of JT after the anniversary tours. Hearing some of they songs for the first time in person and the build up to that was exceptional.
  3. I have to correct myself. The album JT will never lose its magic. Its more the live performance of U2 during the last 3 tours, which has caused that U2 has lost some of its magic for me.
  4. new album, no tour, would be nice for a change. focus on interesting music, not on music that needs to sound great live.
  5. As someone who has only been able to see U2 once, I pray for a new tour soon haha. Would guess like most others, album fall 2022, tour 2023.
  6. "I still want to know what they're technically obligated to do under the terms of their contract"

I wonder too, Cuz it definitely sounded like LiveNation/contract has more pull over them then we thought (as per, the booked 2017 tour becoming JT30 when EI was delayed. And then to some extent the 2019 "tour")
  7. They chose to do the 2019 tour. It wasn't contractually obligated.
  8. Expect the band will be involved in some more interviews/promo around the time Sing 2 is released. This will no doubt provide an opportunity for further insight into thoughts and progress on next album.
    2022 seems too soon for a run of stadium shows, 2023 seems more realistic.
  9. AB30 will be a good stopgap measure.
  10. Can’t be true. They’re not allowed to tour old albums because 500 years ago Bono spoke about not looking backwards lol.
  11. The first two legs of 2017 were enough to meet whatever contract obligations they were trying to meet.