1. Originally posted by Monopoly:[..]
    It is now. Even at over 6000 followers, I mean if it was Justin Bieber or post Malone they would have already been well past 500,000 on the first day. It just seems embarrassing to me that they want to try so hard to fit in with kids that resent them because of the apple fiasco and whatever else.
    Maybe they should just stay off all social media and make it really difficult for their fans to hear any news or new music by only releasing new stuff in cassette form. Do away with the fan club and don’t put tickets for gigs on sale online. Just don’t promote themselves at all really. No YouTube, Spotify nothing.

2. Messenger Dog Only
  3. That's the way Togo
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Maybe they should just stay off all social media and make it really difficult for their fans to hear any news or new music by only releasing new stuff in cassette form. Do away with the fan club and don’t put tickets for gigs on sale online. Just don’t promote themselves at all really. No YouTube, Spotify nothing.
    Hahahahahaaha I laughed. Yes, you’ve changed my mind. I want to see girls twerking to mysterious ways, food being consumed with magnificent, and funny videos with elevation.

In all seriousness, U2 has never had a big presence on social media. I’m not talking about Spotify or Apple Music. They’ve been on Instagram for 6 years and only have 2.4 million followers. Snapchat was short lived. Facebook is just a crappy platform nowadays. They haven’t been reaching any real new fans, just the same old. Do we really want to celebrate 30 years of Achtung on Tiktok, in short 15 second videos? I’d much rather have the band record a few live performances or discuss the album and put it on U2.com.
  5. Originally posted by Monopoly:[..]
    Hahahahahaaha I laughed. Yes, you’ve changed my mind. I want to see girls twerking to mysterious ways, food being consumed with magnificent, and funny videos with elevation.

In all seriousness, U2 has never had a big presence on social media. I’m not talking about Spotify or Apple Music. They’ve been on Instagram for 6 years and only have 2.4 million followers. Snapchat was short lived. Facebook is just a crappy platform nowadays. They haven’t been reaching any real new fans, just the same old. Do we really want to celebrate 30 years of Achtung on Tiktok, in short 15 second videos? I’d much rather have the band record a few live performances or discuss the album and put it on U2.com.
    I don’t think the plan is to only celebrate Achtung Baby on Tiktok I think that’s just one place where people can chose to celebrate it. That’s what all these different social media platforms are about I think, giving people the option how to discover the band or find out news about them or whatever else u2 related. Even if the numbers are small for each platform it would seem pointless for the band not to be a part of these. I say this as someone who only has Facebook, I’m not on Instagram, Snapchat or Tiktok myself but i don’t see why it would bother me or other fans that the band are on some of these. I still managed to listen to the clip on Tiktok without signing up so that’s fine by me.
  6. All I’m gonna say last is, click on their second uploaded video and read the comments. Everyone’s complaining about getting notifications from tiktok to check out U2
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t think the plan is to only celebrate Achtung Baby on Tiktok I think that’s just one place where people can chose to celebrate it. That’s what all these different social media platforms are about I think, giving people the option how to discover the band or find out news about them or whatever else u2 related. Even if the numbers are small for each platform it would seem pointless for the band not to be a part of these. I say this as someone who only has Facebook, I’m not on Instagram, Snapchat or Tiktok myself but i don’t see why it would bother me or other fans that the band are on some of these. I still managed to listen to the clip on Tiktok without signing up so that’s fine by me.
    100% the celebration won’t just be on TikTok.

The VR Experience will be on a Google platform. Should be announced soon. And the physical release is still happening from every report I’ve gotten. (I expect the worldwide shortage of vinyl and delays facing many artists didn’t help them there…) I’m sure it will be celebrated in other social media channels as well, and there will be material shared elsewhere.
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    100% the celebration won’t just be on TikTok.

The VR Experience will be on a Google platform. Should be announced soon. And the physical release is still happening from every report I’ve gotten. (I expect the worldwide shortage of vinyl and delays facing many artists didn’t help them there…) I’m sure it will be celebrated in other social media channels as well, and there will be material shared elsewhere.
    Is the VR experience like the Song For Someone video?
  9. Originally posted by Monopoly:All I’m gonna say last is, click on their second uploaded video and read the comments. Everyone’s complaining about getting notifications from tiktok to check out U2
    I wouldn’t waste my time reading the comments on Tiktok but it sounds like a bunch of folk wasted their time to complain. It will be the same people who don’t like the band regardless of what they do so it really is irrelevant. The band will likely gain a very small amount of new fans or new listeners and that very small amount is still better than zero. Same with giving away SOI for free, people got annoyed about that but ultimately the band will have gained at least some new fans and people that wouldn’t have normally listened to the album will have, doesn’t matter how small the number it was job done.
  10. Are you able to tell us or do you know if there will be previously unreleased live footage included? I know you’ve previously said the focus would be the making of the album and that sort of thing. Not looking for specifics, even just a yes or no. I understand if you can’t answer.
  11. I think it is obvious that AB30 was not only tik tok