1. Preceded being the key word so you didn’t need to listen to the speech to listen to the performance.
  2. Explain that to anyone at a show. Or having to work out how many minutes to skip ahead to the end of the speech. It dragged it out way too long for me and Edge overplayed the simplicity of the piano that made the song so lovely in the first place. I remain so disappointed to this day but at least Miss Sarajevo proved to be a bit of a moment each night as its replacement.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Explain that to anyone at a show. Or having to work out how many minutes to skip ahead to the end of the speech. It dragged it out way too long for me and Edge overplayed the simplicity of the piano that made the song so lovely in the first place. I remain so disappointed to this day but at least Miss Sarajevo proved to be a bit of a moment each night as its replacement.
    Well that’s true if you were there you still had to listen to the speech, you can trim songs to start where you want though. I dont see why a speech would ruin your enjoyment of the actual song though. It’s not like it ruins the momentum as that part of the show is supposed to slow things down . Edge played some really nice piano on the song imo, was hardly complicated or complex a few additional notes which sounded good, better than Miss Sarajevo for me, if I had been following setlists back then I would have been disappointed at that swap however it is nice to now have what for me are 2 great versions of they songs performed on the tour.
  4. Looks incredible, yes.

The real question is, will there be a previous speech that these people are forced to listen to.
  5. Oh you damn well know he has one, Bono has had a whole pandemic to come up with this speech. It’s going to be long and probably too long
  6. I can't wait to see Bono play the harmonica
  7. Don't worry, as soon as Bono's speech starts, the TV station will will interrupt the broadcast for a screening of "Gone with the Wind", so that after the movie is finished they will turn to Bono again, just in time for the music part of his performance.
  8. A performanve I am honestly looking forward to!
  9. the guilt of wealth rears its transient superficial head once again

there's only one way to stop poverty and homelessness - for the rich to pay their fair share

and if anyone on here says 'they do pay' then they really don't understand the situation at all

poor man - i'm bleeding to death here
    rich man - here have this sticking plaster, and for free
    poor man - no, i need an operation
    rich man - but that'll cost money
    poor man - please
    rich man - here, have 2 sticking plasters