1. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The guy they are reportedly signing up with is a former Ticketmaster CEO who merged Ticketmaster and Live Nation, and was behind some innovations like on demand pricing. Not sure this is a good thing…
    Holy moly From bad to worse
  2. Good riddance. I think Guy O was a terrible manager, out of touch, and part of the team during some pretty bad decisions, including the Apple debacle. Hopefully things will improve, in particular from an artistic point of view and regarding communications/website/social media and actually releasing stuff. Or maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist... We shall see.
  3. I’m not surprised to hear they’ve moved on. Guy O didn’t seem like he even cared about being their manager. Maybe this is also part of the reason U2 have basically not done anything publicly in awhile.
  4. Originally posted by beerok:Good riddance. I think Guy O was a terrible manager, out of touch, and part of the team during some pretty bad decisions, including the Apple debacle. Hopefully things will improve, in particular from an artistic point of view and regarding communications/website/social media and actually releasing stuff. Or maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist... We shall see.

Rich people out of touch? Shocking!
  5. It would be great if someone young with fresh ideas could come in.
  6. Can't believe this wasn't mentioned earlier. I was going to, but I almost never start topics. Kind of a phobia. Gary O was a crap manager, but I don't mind the Apple thing...it backfired, and looks bad in hindsight, but at the time, I was all for it. I know a few thousand people had their life ruined and needed therapy and anxiety meds for having an album they could not delete for a time, but I'm sure nobody died from it, I hope.
    At this point, there is not all that much left in U2's career anyway. I've always wanted them to have a fan involved with their management as a liaison between fans and management, but that was always a pipe dream to get more releases and have a better fan club. The fears of tickets being tougher to get is real. I wish there would have been a system that rewarded longtime members, and did not hurt if you did not re-up once or twice like me, but it is what it is.
  7. I haven’t been a fan club member since 2015. But with all this talk of dynamic pricing, Springsteen and Depeche Mode tickets all going to resellers, etc, I have decided to re-up my subscription. I tried getting Springsteen tickets for Columbus in the general sale, and that was an epic failure. Might be my last opportunity to see Bruce, but I’m not paying those resale prices.
  8. Is there any video
  9. Great now I feel even worse about not getting tickets. Sounds great.
  10. know? this made my day, being young I felt that my old heroes were running out of time and I wanted to feel like they were back again, I'm glad to see a picture of him on stage and just talk. I will definitely buy your book