1. Yes ... Nicki Minaj is also popular and commercially more successful..... So what ?
  2. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Coldplay are much more popular than U2! Haters cannot live with

Coldplay is now not even in same type of musical group of U2.......
    U2 was a rock band, U2 is a rock band and will be a rock band forever.
    Coldplay is now whatever band.
  3. Latest Mojo music magazine ( no 354-May 2023 edition ) now on sale in UK has a 6 page interview with The Edge. David Bowie - Alladin Sane is on the front cover
  4. Originally posted by TRISTAN:[..]
    Yes.... Because the composition and lyrics which make U2, which compelled me to love U2, are 95% to 99% Edge & Bono's. The recent SOS album further gave proof to this notion. SOS is excellent with minimal contribution from Larry & Adam.

Lol ironic you call everyone else a troll. You are the king Troll!
  5. I love U2 with every bone in my body...... I have spent my 3 months salary to get the opportunity to see them live in another country. I speak about U2 straight from my heart. And I believe as Bono quoted once that without Edge they would be in trouble. My first hearing of U2 is the song With or Without You and the most striking thing for me there was the uniqueness of Edge's guitar sound and power of Bono's voice. And over the next 36 years, that revelation has just grown stronger and stronger with the added understanding of the lyrical genius of Bono.
    So for me, as long as Edge & Bono are together, they are U2.
  6. Originally posted by TRISTAN:[..]
    I love U2 with every bone in my body...... I have spent my 3 months salary to get the opportunity to see them live in another country. I speak about U2 straight from my heart. And I believe as Bono quoted once that without Edge they would be in trouble. My first hearing of U2 is the song With or Without You and the most striking thing for me there was the uniqueness of Edge's guitar sound and power of Bono's voice. And over the next 36 years, that revelation has just grown stronger and stronger with the added understanding of the lyrical genius of Bono.
    So for me, as long as Edge & Bono are together, they are U2.
    Fair enough i guess , each to their own.
  7. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    And over the past two decades, Chris Martin has proven himself to be the better songwriter. Imagine how good their albums would be with his lyrics and Edge’s composition?!

That's a hot take ! Don't agree at all!
  8. Quick question - how far back in this thread do I need to go to see an actual comment on "Latest U2 New / Sightings"?
  9. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    And over the past two decades, Chris Martin has proven himself to be the better songwriter. Imagine how good their albums would be with his lyrics and Edge’s composition?!

Bland music for the masses & he looks like a Yoga instructor..
  10. Of course you say so. Everyone but Bono & Edge is unworthy in your mind (even Adam and Larry are lesser humans). I can't take your comments seriously.