1. Originally posted by dstankie:Curious, what happened in Edge's family?

Also, I don't mean to be "that guy," but at their ages, this is all going to end sooner rather than later. How many more albums/tours could we reasonably expect under the best of circumstances?
    So many band's from their era have given up releasing new material as it's just not worth the hassle as most of their fans are only interested in songs from 30 odd years ago ,the physical format doesn't sell half of what it used to so ploughing loads of money into making an album isn't worth it when live gigs is where the money is made ,now U2 haven't fallen into that place quiet yet but I'm sure they are thinking that way after the last 2 albums didn't have the impact they were hoping for, yeah they made big splashes having millions of dollars put into the promotion of them but they didn't resonate with people outside the hardcore fanbase ,but who knows what the plan is now I'm sure they'll put out at least 2 more albums and tour off the back of them providing everyone is on board.
  2. Originally posted by dstankie:Curious, what happened in Edge's family?

Also, I don't mean to be "that guy," but at their ages, this is all going to end sooner rather than later. How many more albums/tours could we reasonably expect under the best of circumstances?

I’m not sure what this forums policy is on discussing the band members personal lives, and that of their family members. Edge’s daughter Blue Angel just posted something on her Instagram or Twitter. Somebody on the U2 Reddit made a post about it. You can seek the info out if you are interested, I don’t want to get in trouble for gossiping.
  3. I wonder what they are still contractually obligated to do? Like number of albums/tours in a specific timeframe, etc .or is it open-ended and up to them? Either way they're older, need more time to heal, and they have families. And Adam has a child as well. Priorities change. Add illness, the family issues, talk of benevolent dictatorships, etc... and now talk of the new album potentially in 2025? Time will tell. Maybe Larry has several surgeries to deal with. If that's the case, that would turn a timeframe of a few months to a year or more of healing/rehabbing. Time will tell
  4. Someone that knows something said that Larry already had 1 of multiple surgeries back in December, sometime after the Kennedy Center thing.
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:Someone that knows something said that Larry already had 1 of multiple surgeries back in December, sometime after the Kennedy Center thing.
    Cool.. couldn't remember.
  6. And still no tour date…
  7. I'm happy they aren't announcing the dates. Its the responsible thing to do when the Sphere is not built and it gives more time to save until the eventual ticket drop.

8. Maybe its more than one surgery...
  9. Originally posted by dstankie:Curious, what happened in Edge's family?

Who knows? We dont know what their contract says. If Larry gets his health under control...I think they could squeeze another decade between them. Look at Bruce or Stones- U2 are considerably younger.
  10. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]

I’m not sure what this forums policy is on discussing the band members personal lives, and that of their family members. Edge’s daughter Blue Angel just posted something on her Instagram or Twitter. Somebody on the U2 Reddit made a post about it. You can seek the info out if you are interested, I don’t want to get in trouble for gossiping.
    Whether we like it or not, it's in the news anyways. Thanks for caring though.

Edge's daughter lost her newborn son last summer, just a few days after giving birth. It's tragic and it didn't become public until a few days ago.