1. Originally posted by Monopoly:[..]
    Fans should know better by now than to believe Bono or Edge when they talk about having songs done. Adam and Larry are always very honest and blunt- Adam recently having said they don’t have much to work with yet. This is a band who will scrap albums at the last moment because they wanted radio hits. 2025 is a best case scenario, it could be longer than that. Meanwhile they supposedly have Ascent finished after 13 years but they don’t want to release it. I call BS, Ascent isn’t anywhere closed to finish and it’s probably why Adam is now saying Ascent+rock album might end becoming the same record.
    Who cares. So It'll be at least 2 years until they release yet another mediocre album.
  2. I liked the last 3 mediocre albums pretty well!! I’m down for another one!!

But what I really want is a TOUR!!
  3. This will end up being by far their biggest gap between albums (7 or 8 years since SOE!) If it's taking this long then this hypothetical new album will probably be their last.
    As others have said you ignore any talk Bono says about new material and listen to the rhythm section 🤣
  4. I'll believe it when I see it.. Bono, Edge and Adam have talked a bit about the new album, but everything seems up in the air until Larry's health is sorted. Seeing what Neil mentioned about 2025 kind of sucks, but we'll see what happens. I'm not expecting anything this year.. with Vegas on the horizon and Bono continuing his book tour, I don't think they (all four) will have a ton of time to devote to a new album this year.
  5. I think that after the Vegas shows are done, it’s all going to come down to what Larry wants to do. I think Larry’s issues (both physically and with the rest of the band) didn’t become evident until the summer of 2022. Also it hasn’t been said much, but Edge’s family had a tragic situation last summer, and perhaps he felt the need to pause for awhile, hence the delay of SOS.

If Larry is on board, as they say on interference, I think things might be able to come together somewhat quickly, as far as the new album is concerned.

If Larry says “fuck you guys, I’m done”, then they will have already used to being in a band without Larry, and they will continue on with the next phase without him. The fan base will have adjusted to the idea of a new drummer, and it won’t seem like the end of the band.

I definitely don’t think a new album is possible before the 2nd half of 2024.
  6. My 2 cents...it all depends on Larry's surgery ( has it happened yet ?) and rehabilitation. Being out for Sphere shows in late 2023 does not have to mean 0 recording in 2024.
  7. I think there's more to it than "surgery". He would not be sat on a waiting list would he
  8. Recent shopping trips would indicate that he is either a) already recovered from said surgery to some extend, b) it hasn't happened yet or c) all a cover.
  9. Curious, what happened in Edge's family?

Also, I don't mean to be "that guy," but at their ages, this is all going to end sooner rather than later. How many more albums/tours could we reasonably expect under the best of circumstances?
  10. Originally posted by dstankie:Curious, what happened in Edge's family?

Also, I don't mean to be "that guy," but at their ages, this is all going to end sooner rather than later. How many more albums/tours could we reasonably expect under the best of circumstances?

2 albums and 1 major world tour would be my guess.

11. They currently have 14 studio albums. With advances in medicine which they will be first-in-line for because of their wealth, I'm hoping for another 40 years of music from U2 so we can at least double that.

As their new output slows in their 100s I'm hoping they will release everything from the vault.

And if we could get to a nice round number of 40 studio albums, I would be content listening to that for my final years.