1. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

What else would you class it as then? In that topic, if you bother to read it, Levitate and the like come up all the time. For the sake of discussion, the topic is about anything that hasn't been on an album.

If you're going to be picky, then use this one:-

U2 Unreleased & Rare = favourite song?

Either way, it doesn't need it's own topic.

It comes up in that topic because people dont know what to classify it as.....

the other thread you mentioned is the best place for it.

....although, and some my disagree with me on this, I think the "Unreleased & Rare" collection by itself makes up a good compilation, in other words, a release all by itself - kinda like the best of's......
  2. Originally posted by drewhigginsDo I remember reading the Complete U2 digital booklet and it says that Levitate was recorded during Pop? It's a truly awesome song and deserves a proper CD release as a B-side or outtake, rather than no longer being available through iTunes.

I just found something you may like:

In the summary, it mentions this song was from the Pop sessions. In the tracklist, it says it's from the ATYCLB sessions. So where is it from now? Prob. ATYCLB... I'll fly off now
  3. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

I just found something you may like:

In the summary, it mentions this song was from the Pop sessions. In the tracklist, it says it's from the ATYCLB sessions. So where is it from now? Prob. ATYCLB... I'll fly off now

ATYCLB but COBL was started during Pop so it depends on how you wanna slice it haha
  4. Originally posted by thefly07[..]

ATYCLB but COBL was started during Pop so it depends on how you wanna slice it haha

Lapoe (I love saying its acronym phonetically), not CoBL, was started in the Pop sessions, if I remember correctly.
  5. Originally posted by digitize[..]

Lapoe (I love saying its acronym phonetically), not CoBL, was started in the Pop sessions, if I remember correctly.

I know COBL was, and if I'M not mistake LAPOE was started during ATYCLB, at least the Brian Eno intro was created then, I believe. I believe it's discussed in U2 BY U2
  6. Originally posted by thefly07[..]

I know COBL was, and if I'M not mistake LAPOE was started during ATYCLB, at least the Brian Eno intro was created then, I believe. I believe it's discussed in U2 BY U2

You're right. I just glanced at that part of U2 by U2.
  7. Originally posted by digitize[..]

You're right. I just glanced at that part of U2 by U2.

such a handy book to have. I didn't bring mine to school with me, I did bring U2 Live though which might be just as handy if not more..not to get off topic but I remember when I bought U2 By U2 the day it came out. I skipped a class and sat in Barnes and Noble and just sat there for like an hour going through it completely overwhelmed
  8. Quite a bump, but this deserves more recognition because it's THAT good.
  9. I think many will disagree with me, but in my opinion, if U2 is trying to be "relevant" again, they should just release a better version of this song (if it is really possible to do it) and they'll get what they want.
  10. I have said that this would be the perfect song for their "club" record. It has heartfelt lyrics and a groove.
  11. Along with 'Mercy', 'Levitate' is possibly the best single they never had.
  12. Really ? I must've missed something then...