1. I'm reading, somewhat haphazardly, Keith Richards' autobio 'Life'. I hope it gets more interesting as it goes on; right now it's a little dull & self-serving.
  2. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:I'm reading, somewhat haphazardly, Keith Richards' autobio 'Life'. I hope it gets more interesting as it goes on; right now it's a little dull & self-serving.

feeling the same way...
  3. Thought I would give this topic a bump. I started reading Cormac McCarthey's The Road for the second time. If you haven't read this, you really should. I've also read No Country for Old Men. McCarthur is a brilliant writer.

Some of my other favorites include:
    A Tale of Two Cities
    To Kill a Mockingbird
    Lord of the Rings
    Harry Potter (particularly the last two, but I love all of them)
    Pretty much all these books can make me cry.

I wish I jhad more time to read.
  4. I just finished reading Star Trek: Vanguard #6: Declassified, a book containing a few short stories serving as a build up to the last book in the series. What a book it was!
  5. Just started reading a book by Bill Carter ("U2's" journalist in Sarajevo, the guy with the satellite link-ups) about Sarajevo and his experiences, recommended to me by Kieran (thanks again). It seems to be an excellent book.

Anyone else reading books?
  6. I will read that one, if I remember to do so.

Recently, I've read The Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King and a lot of Dutch literature.
  7. Originally posted by Mr_TrekJust started reading a book by Bill Carter ("U2's" journalist in Sarajevo, the guy with the satellite link-ups) about Sarajevo and his experiences, recommended to me by Kieran (thanks again). It seems to be an excellent book.

[image]

This is the best book I've ever read. It's an absolute must read. It's such an amazing portrait of war from such a unique angle. I could never have imagined what this book is.
  8. right now I'm working my way through this one, "Atlas of Irish History" by Sean Duffy. Gives some welcome different insights compared to the other historical books that touch the major events.

at the same time, for bedtime where you can't bother yourself with history, I'm into Cecilia Ahern at the moment, "If you could see me now". While the other books I read from her really worked for me, this one I'm not sure about yet.
  9. Originally posted by lestertriplett87:Thought I would give this topic a bump. I started reading Cormac McCarthey's The Road for the second time. If you haven't read this, you really should. I've also read No Country for Old Men. McCarthur is a brilliant writer.

Some of my other favorites include:
    A Tale of Two Cities
    To Kill a Mockingbird
    Lord of the Rings
    Harry Potter (particularly the last two, but I love all of them)
    Pretty much all these books can make me cry.

I wish I jhad more time to read.

The Road is indeed an absolutely brilliant (and scary) book.
  10. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Just started reading a book by Bill Carter ("U2's" journalist in Sarajevo, the guy with the satellite link-ups) about Sarajevo and his experiences, recommended to me by Kieran (thanks again). It seems to be an excellent book.

[image]

Thanks for recommending this. I'm in need of something to read and this looks like a really good one.
  11. Right now I'm reading Diarios de Motocicleta -- its also a movie that came out a few years ago talking about Che's journey through South America.
  12. Originally posted by fabian:I will read that one, if I remember to do so.

Recently, I've read The Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King and a lot of Dutch literature.

I used to read some of his book, he has a bit strange sense of humor, I have to admit... but I like the way he writes, very easy to read and he always gives you a vivid description My favorites by him are 'Cell' and 'The Shining'