1. Originally posted by RUMMY[..]

Thanks for recommending this. I'm in need of something to read and this looks like a really good one.

Hope you'll think as high of it as I do
  2. Originally posted by molang7:Right now I'm reading Diarios de Motocicleta -- its also a movie that came out a few years ago talking about Che's journey through South America.

Great read and watch, respectively.
    By the way, I personally know Jorge Drexler, the guy who wrote (and won an Oscar for it) the theme song for that movie:

[html]<iframe width="400" height="225" src="
    " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/html]

To everyone: read that book and watch that movie. Highly recommended
  3. I'm really disappointed by the last two books I read, the last one I didn't even finish which says it all

I just decided I'll read my Favorite Book of All Times again, for the.... what do I know, xth time. It is "Faust" by Goethe, I first got my hands on it when we read it in 13th grade back in school in the German major course. I fell in love then, what a masterpiece. It never failed to satisfy me as a reader all these years. I know every line by hard. Epic piece of literature. Hands down. My first edition of it by now has more handwritten annotations by me than actually words by Goethe himself
  4. Faust is a masterpiece, absolutely agree
  5. Faust finished. Epic as always

now.... you know, I have a theory that hasn't failed me so far. You can't chose a book to read - the book will chose you. No joke. Whenever I stroll through a book store, I will eventually discover a book that peeks my interest for no obvious reason. i buy it and it turns out to be a jewel. I love that. When I chose a book on purpose, like the C. Ahern one lately, it might not work. And it didn't.
    So today it happened that I stood in front of my book shelf, which holds a number of books I once purchased but haven't found the time to read yet. And this time James Joyce's "Dubliners" caught my attention. I took it out and just started...... what a great read this one will do for a perfect night of reading, with a mug of hot tea in reach
  6. Read Fools Rush In by Bill Carter if you haven't.
  7. "Following a personal tragedy Bill Carter embarks on a search for redemption that leads him to war-torn Bosnia. When he joins a maverick aid organisation that delivers food to remote corners of Sarajevo, Bill soon finds himself involved in the lives of the people living in the besieged city."

I'm going to buy a copy as well.
  8. Originally posted by MacStripey[..]

what's it about? in short?

Bill Carter is the guy who was on the other end of the Zoo TV satellite linkups. The book is the story of his years in Sarajevo under siege. Most amazing book I ever read.
  9. Ah you see, you all wouldn't have heard it from Olof if it wasn't for me!

10. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Just started reading a book by Bill Carter ("U2's" journalist in Sarajevo, the guy with the satellite link-ups) about Sarajevo and his experiences, recommended to me by Kieran (thanks again). It seems to be an excellent book.

[image]

Anyone else reading books?