1. Best album since Sam's Town imo
  2. Very Springsteen, liking it a lot after a few spins.

Would like a version without all the voice snippets though haha
  3. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]
    Very Springsteen, liking it a lot after a few spins.

Would like a version without all the voice snippets though haha
    There’s an abridged version iTunes and YouTube that gets rid of the talking before each song. Instead it’s just the songs
  4. Nice, I'll have to save that one on Apple music instead. Cheers!
  5. Pretty solid album on the first spin. Interesting companion to Imploding the Mirage which I thought was their best album in a long time. This new one has some Springsteen / REM vibes for sure.
  6. I heard Quiet Town the other day and quite liked it so looking forward to listening to the full album. Even more so after reading you guys!
  7. Originally posted by ap5:Pretty solid album on the first spin. Interesting companion to Imploding the Mirage which I thought was their best album in a long time. This new one has some Springsteen / REM vibes for sure.
    Yup, it’s very Springsteen esque. Atlantic city era. I love the new album. I prefer Imploding The Mirage and when the Killers are absolutely going for it, but this is some of the best songwriting Brandon Flowers has ever done.
  8. I have mixed feelings about the album. I like that it's different musically and I like the Springsteen(ish) vibe to some of the songs, but on the other hand the talking inbetween songs was unnecessary and put me off, and also Brandon's vocals were under-rehearsed, they feel like vocal demos or first takes (much like my complaint about SOE's vocals).
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:I have mixed feelings about the album. I like that it's different musically and I like the Springsteen(ish) vibe to some of the songs, but on the other hand the talking inbetween songs was unnecessary and put me off, and also Brandon's vocals were under-rehearsed, they feel like vocal demos or first takes (much like my complaint about SOE's vocals).
    Yeah, I had to download the Abridged versions after the first listen through on Apple Music. The talking is a cool idea, but I just want the songs & especially on shuffle in the car, it doesn’t make much sense.
  10. I'm really enjoying it. I think the intros enhance the album, driving home the small town theme. However, I was surprised to find out that they are not included on the vinyl. The record doesn't lose anything without them, but I think it's a pretty unique aspect to the record.
  11. As somebody from a small town, I find the sound bites from the townspeople to be a little bit insulting. Like "look at these small town white trash people, they're so stupid that they're happy with their lives despite the fact that they are inferior to us evolved city folk". A lot of people who come from a small town and make something of themselves feel this constant need to assert how much better they believe themselves to be than where they came from, and Brandon is no different.
  12. Originally posted by podiumboy:As somebody from a small town, I find the sound bites from the townspeople to be a little bit insulting. Like "look at these small town white trash people, they're so stupid that they're happy with their lives despite the fact that they are inferior to us evolved city folk". A lot of people who come from a small town and make something of themselves feel this constant need to assert how much better they believe themselves to be than where they came from, and Brandon is no different.
    I am from a small town suburb of a big city and I totally agree.
    And I do not care for talking snippets before every single song.
    They should have released an album of music and then a companion piece with the spoken word intros.