1. Originally posted by TheOcean81:[..]

Hey miryclay,

That’s really helpful! Thanks so much for your advice! Do you recommend the EH Memory Boy for those early VOX sounds? Covering 11 O’Clock is my first goal right now, as I already know The Ocean. My original plan was to get all the original gear and go from there, but this seems like a better plan. I want to develop my own sound based off of 1981 Edge once I learn a few tunes and make some of my own songs that way. Let me know if you recommend any other cheaper substitues! You’re the man miryclay
    TheOcean81,

I used to be a member of a website called U2sound-forum.com which took some really bright minds and put them all together on a forum. If you scour Youtube some members had posted some covers. It was a free sharing environment where people guessed at sounds and posted suggestions. It was great and I felt out of my depth with some of the talents of some of the people. They would share things like delay settings which could take you days to figure out on your own. There are materials out there but it will take you plenty of research to find it.

miryclay

2. Just picked this beauty up today
  3. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    TheOcean81,

I used to be a member of a website called U2sound-forum.com which took some really bright minds and put them all together on a forum. If you scour Youtube some members had posted some covers. It was a free sharing environment where people guessed at sounds and posted suggestions. It was great and I felt out of my depth with some of the talents of some of the people. They would share things like delay settings which could take you days to figure out on your own. There are materials out there but it will take you plenty of research to find it.

miryclay

Wow, that sounds like a great community. Delay and Reverb settings are really hard to just guess at on your own, so I’ll be sure to put in the research on that site to find good settings. Thanks for that! Hopefully I can post a cover of 11 O’Clock soon, still struggling on finding the right sound for that. Have you personally used or recommend the EH Memory Boy? It looks good but I wanna make sure it’s worth it.

Thanks miryclay
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    No joke. I'd say HALF of the one is in the pick. You can spend thousands in the precise gear but if you don't play with blue Herdim picks you just won't get to that sound.

On the other hand you can get away with cheap amps and knock-off guitars if you play with the Herdims and have a nice modulate delay in front of you!

I did NOT know that! Maybe that’s part of the problem I’m having with 11 O’Clock. I’ll get em! Thanks bud!
  5. It was $200 off for the color I think too!! I thought it was so unique so why not, plus reminds me of that one red one Bono used to play thank you though!
  6. No problem, that's what we're here for
  7. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    It was $200 off for the color I think too!! I thought it was so unique so why not, plus reminds me of that one red one Bono used to play thank you though!

$200 off!?!! That’s amazing, it’ll be a great addition to your collection! I hope you enjoy playing it
  8. Herdims are essential. Especially for songs like Bad with all of that chimey business. They sound great between the tenth and fourteenth frets. Here is an article on them.

http://u2-atomic-edge.tripod.com/id36.html

Many great resources on that site.

9. Thanks for that too bud, so glad we’re getting all this advice. The band thanks you guys!
  10. Once you consult resources like these, you will be able to play respectably. Without guidance people won't understand the task you are undertaking and assume you are not any good which is not correct.