1. Haha, yeah, many of my friends regard The National as one of the best bands out there nowadays, so I wanted to see what the hype is about. I still think their concerts can be quite boring if their studio recordings are anything to go by. It's nice listening music for sure, but not something I'd listen to in the car or while exercising - more like something I'd put on while having dinner with friends or something, which isn't a negative thing to start with, but definitely not what I expect(ed) from a band that fascinates so many of my music friends.
  2. Loving the new song Tropic Morning News from The National. Seems to be veering a little more mainstream than the last two albums that I found to be mixed bags overall.

Looking forward to their new album!
  3. Big fan, but definitely "sad dad" music. Not a lot of variety in tone.

My favorite album is actually I Am Easy to Find. To me, the female vocalists added depth, texture, and polarity to Matt B's angsty baritone.

I finally saw them live this past summer. It was a very good show. Started a bit slow, but built to great intensity. Like U2, better live than on recordings.
  4. Their lead singer is tenacious in liking Instagram photos of much younger female singers when they're barely clad. Sad dad, indeed.
  5. Totally agree on “sad dad” music! Maybe that’s the appeal! Trouble Will Find Me is my favorite album of theirs - top to bottom like every song on it.

Have only been able to see them live 1x, but was a very good show. Hoping to catch them on this new tour as well.
  6. Originally posted by ap5:Loving the new song Tropic Morning News from The National. Seems to be veering a little more mainstream than the last two albums that I found to be mixed bags overall.

Looking forward to their new album!
    Loving the new song! Big fan of theirs & they are awesome live!
  7. Saw them last night in Amsterdam, 28 songs in two and half hours and never a dull moment.

Fun fact, they played London this week twice with both an unique setlist. No songs doubled.
  8. I was there too yesterday. Was a great show indeed