1. I'll be sure to bump this in 2009 when the deluxe edition of TUF comes out
  2. Hhahaha... I'll remind you to do it, be sure

I also did some "improved-reburnings" of some albums with some B-Sides and extra stuff long long time ago... I should take a look on that oldies bu goldies someday

3. Still my favourite song U2 have recorded to date.
  4. That's awesome - especially since it's also rated by many as one of their worst songs!

(FTR: I like it.)
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    That's awesome - especially since it's also rated by many as one of their worst songs!

(FTR: I like it.)
    Each to their own I say. I like that it was recorded and given 'treatments' (as Eno would call them) very quickly.
  6. Btw my favorite U2 album
  7. This is one of my favorite U2 songs ever.
  8. Top five U2 song for me.
  9. Never used to like this one, but now I really love it. I guess when I was younger I didn’t appreciate it for what it was - this totally unguarded, off-the-cuff moment of inspiration from Bono. A moment of pure feeling....

I understand it now, it’s the vibe of the thing, the feel of it. On one hand, I really really wonder what it would be if it had been “finished” as Bono had intended- could probably have become a sweeping, Waterboys-esque atmospheric rocker pretty easily. On the other hand, I’m really glad it stayed like it is.
  10. Such a beautiful song. Eno was right to not finish it giving us fans a glimpse into how U2 created songs back then. How Bono makes up the lyrics as he sings. One of my favorites too from my favorite album.

Elizium, any chance can you post a picture of the rest of the lyrics please?
  11. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Never used to like this one, but now I really love it. I guess when I was younger I didn’t appreciate it for what it was - this totally unguarded, off-the-cuff moment of inspiration from Bono. A moment of pure feeling....

I understand it now, it’s the vibe of the thing, the feel of it. On one hand, I really really wonder what it would be if it had been “finished” as Bono had intended- could probably have become a sweeping, Waterboys-esque atmospheric rocker pretty easily. On the other hand, I’m really glad it stayed like it is.
    Glad you mentioned the Waterboys. I often listen to "This Is The Sea" right after I listen to this one.
  12. I had a strange feeling yesterday. It was a feeling of sadness and I felt like listening to "Elvis Presley and America." I didn't listen to this song in a long time, maybe years, and I was hungry for it yesterday. The funny and strange thing for me was to find a post about the song here on the website. Anyway... "Elvis Presley and America" is one those gems from U2. It's totally unexpected that way it captures and involves whoever listens to it. The lyrics are just snippets of what it could have been if finalized. However, they tell a story through the emotions Bono emulates along his singing. The guitar carries the sadness while the bass and drums are dry. I finish the track with goosebumps every time and I never can listen just one time. I come back for more as if I could uncover the mystery that makes a song like that to be so adorable and enigmatic the way it is. Hope I will never find out. ; )