1. I never got the greatness of the song. I don't dislike it at all, but I'm not enthusiastic about it either...

2. I don't either.....but for a different reason (because Boston is WAYYYYYY better )
  3. one of the best versions I've heard is from Anaheim 4-26-01. It has that weird kind of flute intro before the loop starts. They all give it complete hell after the "unquenchable thirst for new york", Bono gets real gutteral at that part. Larry smashes the hell out of his cymbals and Edge just murders the guitar part, like I said i think it's one of the best out there and it's from a great show with a great audience. Recommended
  4. edit
  5. Originally posted by stj0691:[..]

Is this when hell freezes over I assume? New York is good, but not as great as Boston. I might be bias, but Boston has an entire Irish section called Southie. It's where I live and it's awesome. Italians in the North End......

Dear Bono, please make a song entitled Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New album title: "Boston: Paradise."

(but we're off topic )
  6. Originally posted by stj0691:[..]

Is this when hell freezes over I assume? New York is good, but not as great as Boston. I might be bias, but Boston has an entire Irish section called Southie. It's where I live and it's awesome. Italians in the North End......

Dear Bono, please make a song entitled Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bono usually included that line for whatever city they were in on the 3rd leg
  7. Originally posted by thefly07:one of the best versions I've heard is from Anaheim 4-26-01. It has that weird kind of flute intro before the loop starts. They all give it complete hell after the "unquenchable thirst for new york", Bono gets real gutteral at that part. Larry smashes the hell out of his cymbals and Edge just murders the guitar part, like I said i think it's one of the best out there and it's from a great show with a great audience. Recommended

Thanks for your recommendation - I appreciate it!

I'll check it out.

Which Boston version is the best one, according to many?

8. haven't listened to those shows in a while, but i think the dvd version from the 6th is pretty damn good. I would say you are safe with any of those shows, i have all four of them and they all rock

9. You have to have the volume up to the point where it makes your ears bleed lol