1. Why!??!?!
  2. R.I.P.

such a brilliant musician and a great human being, he'll be missed by millions.
  3. Horrible news really. Im afraid we wont hear much from The E-street band anymore or do you guys think they will go on? I know a other member died a couple of years ago but I think he wasnt such a important figure for the band as Clarence was
  4. he was Danny Federici, who played keyboards, and he was in the band since the beginning; i don't know if less important or not.
    the band has gone through some changes duing its life .. the last, if i'm not wrong, Max Weinberg's son played on drums instead of him for some gigs.
    maybe Clarence is the most loved member of the band and for sure Bruce has a particular feeling with him, sort of "blood brothers" .. i believe it's not a coincidence that Clarence is the only one to appear on an album cover.
    maybe they will do one tour in his honor and after that .. i don't know.
    certainly hearing those awesome sax pieces played by some other would be not the same .. to say the least
  5. Originally posted by bartajax:Horrible news really. Im afraid we wont hear much from The E-street band anymore or do you guys think they will go on? I know a other member died a couple of years ago but I think he wasnt such a important figure for the band as Clarence was

This band can't stop, even though it will never be the same again. And Danny Federici was a central piece in the band, granted much more discreet than Clarence and not as iconic, but listen to his playing on this :

Those guys were just pure fury.
  6. i think they'll stop
    he is the most iconic man in the band (other than the boss, of course)
    it's like U2 without one of the guys there
  7. yeah i think - as gutted as i am to say it - that bruce needs to break up the E street band; without clarence it just won't be the same. he should just return to his acoustic folky stuff or do another tunnel of love-type record, with parts of the band but without labelling it as such.
  8. Originally posted by wangmaster:yeah i think - as gutted as i am to say it - that bruce needs to break up the E street band; without clarence it just won't be the same. he should just return to his acoustic folky stuff or do another tunnel of love-type record, with parts of the band but without labelling it as such.

I sadly think the same.

9. It's a completely different animal. E-Street is a backing band. The member with the most influence on Bruce has always been Steven Van Zandt, and when he left the band in 1984, Bruce toured without him. When Dany Federici died, they toured without him. The E-Street band is not one member, as iconic as he might be, and Clarence said himself he wanted them to carry on until they're all gone.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying here, the loss of Clarence is a huge blow for me, but I don't see them stopping, nor do I want them too. It will evolve, as it has in the past. On another note, very classy tribute from Eddie Vedder on Letterman :

10. not meaning that much but it's a fact that remains only Garry Tallent from the first line-up of the band; Van Zandt joined the band in born to run era, even if he was already in Bruce "circle" since before.
    maybe it's just the emotivity of the moment but i'd like one last tour as E Street band and then of course Bruce and them should go on together, especially live, but not with that name.
    but i repeat maybe it's freshnes of what happened that makes me think in this way.
    anyway i agree about the comparison with U2 .. totally different things.

ps: wonderful Eddie
  11. Eddie Vedder. Respect