1. Any info about the price for London?
  2. Prices are insane in the US with Ticketmaster's Dynamic Pricing? $4K+ for floors? I entered the Verified Fan thingy and have been chosen to have the opportunity to get tickets for the show in Buffalo next week but not paying these outrageous prices?? Has anyone else seen this for any other artist? Been like three years since I bought a concert ticket.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bruce-springteen-ticketmaster-ticket-prices-rise-thousands-dynamic-pricing-1235321657/amp/?fbclid=IwAR3auPGKWMVik-ZLoENVcoPfC_Pch8oWZBloimFgsd1-tXrhOuhTfGQ6J5Y
  3. Originally posted by AMLBONO:Prices are insane in the US with Ticketmaster's Dynamic Pricing? $4K+ for floors? I entered the Verified Fan thingy and have been chosen to have the opportunity to get tickets for the show in Buffalo next week but not paying these outrageous prices?? Has anyone else seen this for any other artist? Been like three years since I bought a concert ticket.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bruce-springteen-ticketmaster-ticket-prices-rise-thousands-dynamic-pricing-1235321657/amp/?fbclid=IwAR3auPGKWMVik-ZLoENVcoPfC_Pch8oWZBloimFgsd1-tXrhOuhTfGQ6J5Y
    Yeah there's being a lot of talk in social media about that. It's surreal and actually a disgrace. The whole music business is going down a very dangerous route and this is only the nth example.

4. this is a disgrace - 'the boss' should be ashamed

i'm a big fan - bought his music and been to his concerts - but this man can't 'pretend' to be for the common working man any more (not that he has really given a shit since he became a millionaire just like any millionaire as this is a contradictory stance just like our band with bono and his mates)

and hasn't he sold his soul (back catalogue) to the devil for gazillions too

what does the old fucker need with all that money anyway - new slippers and a nice electric blanket?

just come back down to earth 'mr fucking america' and get those cowboy boots back down on the fucking ground - you've forgotten your roots and your ethos

born in the usa - fucking ripped off in the uk more like

shameful
  5. Prices in Europe for Springsteen are ok. Cheaper than tickets for the Stones. I think Springsteen has no influence on ticket prices in the US, u fortunately
  6. I expect that Springsteen is as equally oblivious as Crowded House were about "in demand" ticket pricing and will be similarly upset if he knew. People are kidding themselves if they think big artists like him and U2 are across such details; they employ managers and touring agencies to deal with that sh*t so that they can focus on their performance. Save your anger for the likes of Live Nation and Ticketmaster; they are they ones who are only in it for the money and don't care about the fans. An obvious example is TM still adding a handling charge for print-at-home tickets. Multiply their little cut by the thousands of tickets they sell and they are raking in millions.
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I expect that Springsteen is as equally oblivious as Crowded House were about "in demand" ticket pricing and will be similarly upset if he knew. People are kidding themselves if they think big artists like him and U2 are across such details; they employ managers and touring agencies to deal with that sh*t so that they can focus on their performance. Save your anger for the likes of Live Nation and Ticketmaster; they are they ones who are only in it for the money and don't care about the fans. An obvious example is TM still adding a handling charge for print-at-home tickets. Multiply their little cut by the thousands of tickets they sell and they are raking in millions.
    I agree with everything you say, especially the print at home charge. That's a complete joke.
    The only thing I would add is that by now I'm sure Bruce is aware that a lot of fans are unhappy and aware of the issues. Crowded House came out and done something when they found out and I'd be disappointed if Bruce stays quiet about this. He and the E Street Band have considerable fame, power and influence and artists like this need to be taking a stand for fans.
    Luckily I managed to get in and get tickets for Edinburgh before the price rocketed but thousands haven't been that fortunate and it's wrong.
  8. I remember the days when all tickets in an arena were the same price no matter whether you were next to the stage or sitting in the nosebleed section. Access to the best seats meant queuing up early and most people who wanted to go could afford a ticket. Then the promoters started to charge for the “privilege” of getting a closer and better view. This latest trend, however, turns concert going into class warfare; with some of the best seats reserved for those with the deepest pocket. If you’re on minimum wage, or working part-time, a prime position either requires a lot of saving or is out of the question. I went to the theatre in the west end of London this week and my seat choice was determined by my willingness to pay or, more accurately, my reluctance to pay a high price just to be closer.
  9. If this is the future then I’m not going to big gigs. Fuck that.
  10. There’s no reason not to go to big gigs. All you should do is wait til nearer the time of the gig when tickets are reduced and/or more released. Coldplay in Glasgow for example the cheapest tickets on Ticketmaster were over £200 each for a long time. Now there’s several at £70-£80 available which will in turn drive the resale market down as well. U2 are the only band I’ll buy tickets for as soon as I can at that sort of money, because I don’t mind paying it particularly GA still feels reasonable at what they charge, but I don’t think there’s another band in the world I’d pay more than about £80 for so the solution for me is wait.
  11. 👀