1. Mercy is the Sweetest Thing of 2000 to 2010. I know they were fighting about the arrangement for years.
  2. Yeah the studio version is a 10/10 imo. Don’t know if there is such a thing as perfect when it comes to anything in life we can only judge on personal taste. I’d prefer to call 10/10 songs excellent rather than perfect.

3. Demo version is 20/10 ( if it possible ) to me..... Simply astounding song !! Everything is perfect about it.
  4. It starts ( imo ) and it sounds a bit improvised but then it turns into excellence
    Yeah not perfect but excellent as said before
    Demo way better than live
    It’s turning into the “best song “ of the last 20 years
    I f***ing love it personally
  5. surprisingly I have to agree with you once
    Live version Is really good and I'm glad I could witness it live, but still the demo Is one of the best things they've done since 90's
  6. Btw. some of the bootleg versions are much better in terms of sound than the one officialy released on Wide Awake...
  7. Originally posted by Alvin:Btw. some of the bootleg versions are much better in terms of sound than the one officialy released on Wide Awake...
    The released version is horrendous the editing is so poorly done it’s unbelievable it goes from a live track to sounding like Bono in a studio singing, probably because the bit they edited in was Bono singing in a studio but you’d think with the technology they could have blended it in better.
  8. I actually agree with him, Gerard. I think it's a perfect ten.
    The quality of the audio is usually unsatisfactory but I think Mercy is actually a candidate for the best U2 song.
  9. Makes you wonder how songs like Yahweh made it on the album or how Fast Cars was a bonus track
  10. I like Yahweh, not more than mercy but I can see the appeal of including it in the album and then playing it regularly on the tour acoustic but definitely it’s hard to understand the thinking including fast cars over mercy, don’t get it at all. But I also don’t get how they must have felt the version they played on 360 was an improvement on the leaked studio version.
  11. Xanax and Wine was everything that album should have been.