1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

he's had plenty of time to rest. My point about his voice being smoother is a plus point. I don't think another era in Bono's vocals has been born though.

I think it is another era, as almost every tour was another era for his voice. It's a more grown voice. HTDAAB was way too edgy, like a winny.

I hope for the best!
  2. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

I think it is another era, as almost every tour was another era for his voice. It's a more grown voice. HTDAAB was way too edgy, like a winny.

I hope for the best!

To my ears its a nicer sounding voice than Bomb but not a major difference. What will that voice sound like singing Vertigo though?

nice to hear some new stuff though
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

To my ears its a nicer sounding voice than Bomb but not a major difference. What will that voice sound like singing Vertigo though?

nice to hear some new stuff though

Good question...anyway, we'll see eventually! I'm going for the night now.
  4. Bonos voice isn't always perfect during tours because he always gives himself away, he's always 100% into the performance, he always tries to give his best...and just remember Sarajevo. His voice was broken but his performance was still incredible.
  5. Originally posted by Yogi:Bonos voice isn't always perfect during tours because he always gives himself away, he's always 100% into the performance, he always tries to give his best...and just remember Sarajevo. His voice was broken but his performance was still incredible.

another good point from Yogi.....I think the whole 4th leg of Vertigo is an example too...his voice was pretty much shot in Buenos Aires but still a great show
  6. His voice hasn't changed much from 'Bomb.

And the song is a bit dull, but it's a cover. For my money Peace on Earth was a far better U2 Christmas song, had a great chorus.
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    I know where you're getting at, but I do think we should all give him a chance lol, hell this is one song - the album and any upcoming singles will probably give us more of an idea (well, will DEFINITELY give us more of an idea lol!)...

completely agree

8. Sorry! But again thanks for posting Gibbo.
  9. I like it, it's a nice tune, even though it's a cover (remember Baby Please Come Home?), U2 can do that
  10. wooooooooooooooooooooow what a amazing great song ....