1. As it was mentioned before, the song was released as part of the Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack half a year before the release of ATYCLB. It would have been perceived as a lack of creativity if they had it as a regular on the album, imho.
  2. Originally posted by gavinfriday:Why on earth is decided to put this little jewel as a bonus track on some releases of ATYCLB??? Why wasn't this put on the 'standard' album, since this would have been the one and only perfect follow-up on With Or Without You as a milestone U2-hitsingle, more than One and Beautiful Day, even combined, could have been.

My two cents...

im with u on this one, i asked myself the same
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins:It's a nice song, but singles are put out to promote the album the best way possible. Probably the same reason songs like Holy Joe and Fast Cars were only put on certain region releases of those two respective albums.

The Ground Beneath Her Feet isn't that sort of song. Beautiful Day is more appealing for the general public, promotion and sales - but in no way a better song. Look at the songs put out to promote U2 albums (first singles):

Boy: Another Day
    October: Fire
    War: New Year's Day
    The Unforgettable Fire: Pride (In The Name of Love)
    The Joshua Tree: With or Without You
    Rattle and Hum: Desire
    Achtung Baby: The Fly
    Zooropa: Numb
    Pop: Discotheque
    All That You Can't Leave Behind: Beautiful Day
    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: Vertigo

Would you put something like Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own or Last Night On Earth as lead singles for those albums? Perhaps for personal satisfaction, but certainly not for satisfaction of profit or sales. But singles are better for release, for the fact more people buy those - a lot just don't buy the albums anymore, because they think 50% is filler.

The Ground Beneath Her Feet would have been seen as that.

A Day Without Me was actually the first single from Boy

in regards to the topic....

Ground Beneath Her Feet is indeed a gem but it really only makes sense on the soundtrack....it is the most beautiful part of the film when it comes on at the end....the lyrics go along perfectly to the story (even though it was written for it). I think it's totally appropriate as a bonus track, and it was a nice little surprise to throw out in the early Elevation shows
  4. lol...I think the same of Kite and New York, while others would've liked In A Little While and POE as singles...they simply can't release ALL good songs they make
  5. Does anyone have a good version of this song? I got mine from Youtube and it has that guy talking at the beginning and abrputly cuts out on my iPod...AND the sound is a little off on it. Thanks!
  6. I'm addicted to this song since a few months ago. What a tune.

7. My favorite version.
  8. I'm listening a lot the Rio version, I forgot the promoted ATYCLB here in Brazil (they even filmed the video for Walk On, duh) and I'm listening a lot to the bootleg of them in Rio 2000
  9. Originally posted by cqleonardo:I'm listening a lot the Rio version, I forgot the promoted ATYCLB here in Brazil (they even filmed the video for Walk On, duh) and I'm listening a lot to the bootleg of them in Rio 2000
    Select TV Brazilian audience singing along to an obscure, non-album track =
  10. excellent song i love it
    romewhere there must be a better
    rare version
  11. Amazing song live (acoustic) and also has a nice sound on the album. It shows up on shuffle on rare occasions, but I actually like it that way.
  12. I absolutely love this song, so underrated.