1. Originally posted by carlibengarli:[..]

Doesn't converting the FLAC files to wav and then to AL result in a large quality loss? Would it still be way better than MP3 or what is the point?

all 3 are lossless codecs so converting between each shouldn't affect quality.
  2. Ah, I see. I had no idea wav was lossless. The again I don't know very much of this stuff.

Thank you.
  3. Good Lord. A useful topic.

Might be worth making this sticky.
  4. THANK YOU[/s] U2START (Remy)
    for keeping MP3s with the new/obese FLACs!
    Please don't get all FLAC'd up like T.U.B.E. is getting to be - they
    don't put MP3s on anymore!

SINcerely - 'guam'
  5. Guam and his anti-FLAC crusade. Old news.
  6. My hd is full, >600 GB of untagged, unnamed lossless FLAC files i cant listen to normally. Seriously considering cutting down my collection since i dont listen to most of it.
  7. Originally posted by Risto:My hd is full, >600 GB of untagged, unnamed lossless FLAC files i cant listen to normally. Seriously considering cutting down my collection since i dont listen to most of it.

Same here. The lack of ANY tagging on nearly all lossless recordings is a pain. I'd do it myslef but it would take forever and it would make it difficult to keep seeding. Can't expect the taper to do it though on top of the actual taping but I do expect to make a return to mostly lossy stuff with only my faves in lossless.
  8. +1, I only have them for seeding purposes as well. Multicams arent helping either with my hd capacity
  9. you both could regret it one day
  10. I would like to have your advice. Should I download some lossless and asks me to install a program that my pc shows me as potentially dangerous. What should I do?