1. The tree was... amazing. I didn't know what to expect. I really thought it would be "just a tree" but as we got closer to the site I got nervous and excited and giddy. Then when we actually got to the tree itself, we all got really solemn (I went with a bunch of other fans, 8 or 9 of us who all met online). There are all these little rock sculptures of song/album titles made of pebbles in the sand and when I saw the one of my tattoo, I'll admit, I cried a little. Then we cheered up and had a really lovely picnic and shared stories and just listened to the quiet of Death Valley on a gorgeous day. I made a 'sculpture' of my own too. It was totally worth the 3 hour drive out there and 3 hours back LOL. Here's a few pics.

The Joshua Tree, tribute band played in Riverside the night before we went out there. Here's FakeBono and The Chedge.

pebble sculpture

The plaque, placed a few years back by unnamed fans.
  2. me at the tree

My contribution - if you look closely, you can see a little tribute to my good friend Haytrain.

3. I waited until I was 35 and had wanted the same image for 2 years before I bit the bullet~!!! (oops, I just gave away my age didn't I? Dangit!)

4. Sorry. I typed it up at around 11pm the night before it was due. Old habits die hard, even for a teacher!!
  5. Originally posted by molang7:nice stuff zooey. nice to see another one of us girls as the fan of the month...hilarious stuff with the Larry question, i'd ask him a variation of something like that too hahaha

U2fangirls, ftw!
  6. great pictures and its really neat that there was a plaque there from the fans. i'll make it out west someday.

7. LOL! You must've read my profile! I just think he's sort of silly the way he dances and moves around on stage. But don't get me wrong, I love his stage persona. I also think when he spouts off about how The Edge is 'on fire' or it's like 'rock n roll made on Venus' I roll my eyes a little. But he's an amazing front man and a wonderful activists for change.

Whenever I get freaked out about the future / the economy / politics, I listen to what he said about The Edge, before Miracle Drug on the Vertigo tour. You know "What's the future like?" "It's better." And I know it's just a goofy story but I'll be damned if it doesn't make me feel better, warmer, inside.
  8. Nice reading Zooey
  9. Nice interview Zooy, can I join in on that run?
  10. Zooey, that picture of the JT plaque is just So awesome you got to go!