1. I take it we are not getting the Anton version of Pride.
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:Never really rated the song always had a B -Side vibe to it for me it's one of the weaker songs on UF,I kinda get the feeling the band feel odd about it the song was never a regular staple on the live set and I remember they played it in Slane it got a very lame response before and after it finished.

you're right - I was there and the 'fans' around me were like meh

but I was like WAHHHHHHHAAAAYY YEEEEAAHHHHHHH WOOOOOHHOOOOO

3. Originally posted by miryclay:It seems arrangements have always plagued that song. Much like its side mate Pride, there are parts that just don't gel 100%. So what we have is a legacy of edits and live versions. U2 songs has 3 studio versions noted.

21st Century U2 just would have released about four or five versions.

Here is the alternate Wembley edit with Edge vocals.

[YouTube Video]

This is the version I wish had been released worldwide. With edges vocals it gives it more of a live feel.
  4. Was ASOH the first track that had a unique single version?
  5. Originally posted by popmarter:Never really rated the song always had a B -Side vibe to it for me it's one of the weaker songs on UF,I kinda get the feeling the band feel odd about it the song was never a regular staple on the live set and I remember they played it in Slane it got a very lame response before and after it finished.

I don't think it got a lame response. There was a lot of excitement and people were singing along at first, but Bono messed up the lyrics and unfortunately the song just sort of faded away. In hindsight they maybe should have skipped it (or should have properly rehearsed it), but many fans were hoping and sort of expecting this one to show up. I also remember it being played (over and over) outside the venue, it really captured the anticipation for the show. Maybe it's just a difficult song to get right live, just like The Unforgettable Fire, but the studio version is really great.
    This is what Chris Martin said about it (he probably was in that Slane audience as well):
    "The first song on The Unforgettable Fire, "A Sort of Homecoming", I know backward and forward—it's so rousing, brilliant and beautiful. It's one of the first songs I played to my unborn baby."
  6. Only 15 more years until we get to ATYCLB
  7. I think they’ve been getting through them surprisingly quickly for the rate they usually do stuff. ATYCLB has already been done though they’ll just be subtly jumping from pop to HTDAAB I take it. Maybe with sweetest thing, electrical storm and hands that built america thrown in between.
  8. Well they will have to dedicate Vertigo to the International day of the Button.

#buttonawareness
  9. I have noticed they have been changing music videos titles. With Bad, they moved from "live at Birmingham 1984" to "Wide awake in America live version".
    It happened with Pride as well.
  10. Can't wait until they upgrade "All I want is you" one of their best videos and songs ever.
  11. Just noticed in the Bad video, is that Greg Carroll in-front of Bono?