1. LOL! Way to be straight-forward Juraj
    I think the song is beautiful, but it's definitely a grower
  2. imo, there has never been such an epic song since JT. it's very much up there with wowy & still haven't found.

3. since hands that built america for me. don't know which one I prefer.
  4. The gulf of disparity between this song and One is evident by the fact that when I first heard One, I listened to it probably around 20 times that day. Moment of Surrender I listened to maybe twice, and the second was just to see what all the fuss was about.

The first couple of verses sound promising, well sung, then he sings that 'even on our wedding day' lyric in the most horrible way possible.

The lyrics are quite good, but there are also some shockers, like the ATM machine one, which is like something from the previous two albums, and just yanks me out of the mood of the song, because it is so silly.

And the chorus reminds me of a Christmas carol, it's ponderous, it has no interesting rhythm to it, and is just the most obvious way to sing those lyrics.

The instrumentation is too sparse for my liking as well, just rather anonymous sounding piano, percussion and bass through most of the song. It doesn't build up to anything much either.

It doesn't sound like a U2 song, sounds like another band or artist trying to do a slow rock ballad.

I guess I am a hard marker, but from all the previews and reviews, this song really had to deliver, it didn't.

It does grow on you though, though I doubt it'll ever make it into my top 10.

5. agree with you on that

but the last 2:50 is amazing in means of music

6. Is it, I though apart from the minimalist Edge solo, it's basically the same piano, percussion and bass, from the rest of the song.

It's not a terrible song, probably a 6/10. But I find it disappointing as it was hailed as a new One.
  7. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Is it, I though apart from the minimalist Edge solo, it's basically the same piano, percussion and bass, from the rest of the song.

It's not a terrible song, probably a 6/10. But I find it disappointing as it was hailed as a new One.

i guess it was healed as a new One bec of it's length , i'm not sure though
  8. Its not as great as it was hyped -_- but its still really good. its got a gospel vibe and bonos kind of yelling.

9. Q was one. It has the same style as One, and I'd say it's the One of the album. Of course, that depends what way you interpret it.