1. I think this song has a Mysterious Ways vibe the more and more I listen to it.
  2. Yes, this is really an immigrant song!!!

3. They are similar, but MW is cooler and less cheesy.

4. Yep, I still find SOC to be clunky uptempo filler boasting one good riff and that's about it. Had the song been about something else lyrically instead of a load of lumpen Pop-esque Bono "cool" attempts, it may have stood a chance with that riff to back it up. As is, it merely forms one third of The Crap Trilogy at the centre of the album in my opinion, tracks thrown in there because better ones weren't finished.

5. I immediately loved this song the first time I heard it. Now, it's probably my least favorite track. I love the music, Edge's riff is brilliant; although it might be too much of a Page imitation. My problem with it is Bono. The lyrics are really kind of ridiculous. It has a great message, but I'm not a big fan of the whole, "stand up and hold hands" kinda thing, which is exactly what B said this song is not, well that's what it makes me think of. The music luckily carries the shoddy lyrics. I also think the title should just be Stand Up, or For Your Love (which is my choice)....this might change again, but right now it's just coming off as cheesy
  6. It is cheesy, but like the whole album, I like it the more I listen to it
  7. It's growing on me (had my first 'wow, this album is great'-moment yesterday)
  8. If U2 manages to play this song live (read: if Bono manages to sing this song live), then also Red Hill Mining Town can be played live this tour, since vocal heights are equal
  9. Originally posted by gavinfriday:If U2 manages to play this song live (read: if Bono manages to sing this song live), then also Red Hill Mining Town can be played live this tour, since vocal heights are equal

Yep
    Only problem is that SUC is a good song and Red Hill Mining Town....isn't
  10. Originally posted by gavinfriday:If U2 manages to play this song live (read: if Bono manages to sing this song live), then also Red Hill Mining Town can be played live this tour, since vocal heights are equal

I would prefer Red Hill then..and now we're talking about hills, why don't add One Tree Hill?