1. Originally posted by Ariees:[..]

like it or not the boys from Ireland are Christians. They speak a lot of Biblical doctrine.

1 Corinthians 13 for the hope faith love meaning.

I don't blame Bono for bringing across religious messages in their songs, but I just can't stand it when he does it so directly and cheesy.
  2. I dig this one, reflects what america has to do, and everyone else in the coming age.

3. A very god way to look at it. This is why U2 rocks
  4. Promising riff...very average song for a U2 song!
  5. I like this song, but I hate the cringeworthy ending where he sings "soul rockin people Soul rockin’ people moving on' like he think's he's Bob Marley or something.

And this part is also crap both the lyrics and the way they sing it:
    'God is love
    And love is evolution’s very best day'

The additions of cheesy lines like those, keeps it from being a true 70s rock song, and makes it more like 'Peace on Earth' 2 albeit with a killer riff.
  6. I like this one. Love the guitar and do find myself signing along.
    It may start to wear on me though. But not yet.

4 stars on my iPod

(Based on 5 listens)
  7. Today I travelled to Salamanca (250 kms away from my home) and my mother and I listened to the whole album twice... And I've realised that Stand Up is not that bad, it's simply a bit cheesy, catchy and poppy, but overall a good tune... At the present moment I've got my rating of SUC up to 3 stars, even 3,5
  8. This one's definitely going to be a live rocker. I can see Edge with his black and white strat or les paul.
  9. I really like this song, would be amazing live!
  10. Originally posted by vanquish:I like this song, but I hate the cringeworthy ending where he sings "soul rockin people Soul rockin’ people moving on' like he think's he's Bob Marley or something.

And this part is also crap both the lyrics and the way they sing it:
    'God is love
    And love is evolution’s very best day'

The additions of cheesy lines like those, keeps it from being a true 70s rock song, and makes it more like 'Peace on Earth' 2 albeit with a killer riff.

I actually like that God is love part a lot, it reminds me of the Beatles.