1. In my opinion I think that:

The worst of us are a long drawn out confession, means:
    A confession of sin and the fall of man, that man will never be good enough to gt to heaven on his own, without God.

and...

The best of us are geniuses of compression, means:
    The compression of sins into not so many as some other people, trying to keep a limit of sins.

Don't know if anyone agrees? That's what I thought anyway.

Great song!!!
  2. Originally posted by u2spear:In my opinion I think that:

The worst of us are a long drawn out confession, means:
    A confession of sin and the fall of man, that man will never be good enough to gt to heaven on his own, without God.

and...

The best of us are geniuses of compression, means:
    The compression of sins into not so many as some other people, trying to keep a limit of sins.

Don't know if anyone agrees? That's what I thought anyway.

Great song!!!

Err... not quite.

And I wonder why people think MoS is lyrical genius.

It's been stated numerous times before (in Q and RS previews) that the persona (ie. the singer) in CoL is a war correspondent (ie. reporter) and so those lines, encapsulate the work of those in his profession.

3. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Err... not quite.

And I wonder why people think MoS is lyrical genius.

It's been stated numerous times before (in Q and RS previews) that the persona (ie. the singer) in CoL is a war correspondent (ie. reporter) and so those lines, encapsulate the work of those in his profession.

Ok sorry

4. No need to apologise, you have a good imagination.

It would be interesting to see if other people have similarly interesting ideas on what the other songs mean.

5. Originally posted by yeah:Damn, couldn't they re-release the album, kick Unknown Caller, Magnificent, Boots and Stand up and fill the gap with 15 additional verses of cedars?
    What a song...

It's certainly a piece of art. Do you like it that much?

6. It's not THAT good, it would get boring if it was much longer (nevermind 15 extra verses).

I think White as Snow is better, Cedars is definitely interesting and makes for a great ending but some of the lyrics have too much new-u2 cheese.
  7. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

It's not THAT good, it would get boring if it was much longer (nevermind 15 extra verses).

I think White as Snow is better, Cedars is definitely interesting and makes for a great ending but some of the lyrics have too much new-u2 cheese.

I reckon it's great. Adding Winter and removing the three 'rock' tracks but keeping Breathe and all the other songs would still make a fine record.

Yeah's aiming much too low with added verses. 15? Go 30 or 45, I say.
  8. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

I reckon it's great. Adding Winter and removing the three 'rock' tracks but keeping Breathe and all the other songs would still make a fine record.

Yeah's aiming much too low with added verses. 15? Go 30 or 45, I say.

I think they should add songs, not replace them.

I love Winter, but it's not finished.

And Cedars is pretty good, but I think White as Snow is the better of the quiet duo.
  9. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

It's not THAT good, it would get boring if it was much longer (nevermind 15 extra verses).

First of all: It IS THAT good
    This song could never bore, it's that great

And it's not cheesy at all...Magnificent and SUC are cheesy, this is brilliant
    'Sometimes this world produces a rose, the scent of it lingers and then it just goes'
    'Squeezing complicated lives into a simple headline'
    'Child drinking dirty water of the river bank, Soldier brings oranges he got out of a tank'
    And the rest...not cheesy at all
  10. Originally posted by markp91:[..]

First of all: It IS THAT good
    This song could never bore, it's that great

And it's not cheesy at all...Magnificent and SUC are cheesy, this is brilliant
    'Sometimes this world produces a rose, the scent of it lingers and then it just goes'
    'Squeezing complicated lives into a simple headline'
    'Child drinking dirty water of the river bank, Soldier brings oranges he got out of a tank'
    And the rest...not cheesy at all

The lyrics are sometimes rather unsubtle, eg. this 'shitty world' or the oranges/tank one, even critics singled that out as being weak.
  11. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

The lyrics are sometimes rather unsubtle, eg. this 'shitty world' or the oranges/tank one, even critics singled that out as being weak.

Could be me, but I don't really care about what the critics say
    It's all about my own feeling

12. Indeed, fuck the 'critics' (who are critics anyway..), I love it