1. k ill try tonight b4 sleep with headphones. the dirty river bank, oranges from tank line pisses me off, so does return the call to home.
  2. I love this song, very sexy voice by Bono.
  3. The "oranges from a tank" line is one of the bests for me. I explained that a few ago in the Dissapointed thread...
    Originally posted by vanquish:Some of the lyrics really need to be better though, like in Cedars a song which is carried by the vocals/lyrics and he sings about a soldier bringing oranges from a truck
    Well, that sentence is amazing IMO. Have you ever heard of the humanitarian help carried by soldiers on some countries? They go there with tanks and rifles, but then they give oranges and milk for free... It's awesome in my opinion.

I still think like that. That sentence is moving, it always gets me
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]The "oranges from a tank" line is one of the bests for me. I explained that a few ago in the Dissapointed thread... [..]Well, that sentence is amazing IMO. Have you ever heard of the humanitarian help carried by soldiers on some countries? They go there with tanks and rifles, but then they give oranges and milk for free... It's awesome in my opinion.

never thought of it like that, thanks, now i dunt hate it
    now what about the return the call to home line???? lol
  5. Love it, love how Bono sings it
    Beautiful lyrics and melody
  6. BTW I remember that I said this was a Velvet Dress rip-off after hearing the 30s clips...May I please take that back?
    After 10000000 listens it's still my fav ever. Beautiful lyrics, shows exactly the troubles War-journalists have to deal with
  7. Originally posted by markp91:BTW I remember that I said this was a Velvet Dress rip-off after hearing the 30s clips...May I please take that back?
    After 10000000 listens it's still my fav ever. Beautiful lyrics, shows exactly the troubles War-journalists have to deal with

lol I told you so, and who refused to listen back then
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]The "oranges from a tank" line is one of the bests for me. I explained that a few ago in the Dissapointed thread... [..]Well, that sentence is amazing IMO. Have you ever heard of the humanitarian help carried by soldiers on some countries? They go there with tanks and rifles, but then they give oranges and milk for free... It's awesome in my opinion.

I like it too, especially coupled with the next line, where the narrator is complaining about the waiter being slow.

9. Moi

About lyrics:
    Squeezing complicated lives into a simple headline
    Best lyric of the album
  10. this has grown to be my favorite track off NLOTH, check the bass line.
    This song is nothing more then a grown up/out version of The Ocean (except lyrically perhaps, but musically for certain).
    simply beautiful