1. Originally posted by Risto:It has been going on for too long. I think we have other threads too discuss this further.

Lets go back ontopic now...

I'm not sure if we do. Shall I start one?
  2. Does anyone know where i can get the 2 live tracks from the Magnificent single?? Ive been to a couple stores like best buy and i havent seen them, i only saw Remixes and on iTunes they only offer Remixes as well.
  3. If any of you were astonished that Magnificent could only make number 42 in the UK a few weeks back - here's another shocker. With Or Without You is number 43 this week!
  4. Originally posted by u2nutter:If any of you were astonished that Magnificent could only make number 42 in the UK a few weeks back - here's another shocker. With Or Without You is number 43 this week!

5. Originally posted by u2nutter:If any of you were astonished that Magnificent could only make number 42 in the UK a few weeks back - here's another shocker. With Or Without You is number 43 this week!

LOL, at least a positive shock eh ?
  6. Any confirmation on the Magnificent USA CD, I have seen it advertised as a 5 track and a 10 track.

7. June 9th apparently

8. The five track is Magnificent Remixes - same as the iTunes one.

The ten-track is the same again, except with ten remixes. Yep, because you need ten remixes of the same song.
  9. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

The five track is Magnificent Remixes - same as the iTunes one.

The ten-track is the same again, except with ten remixes. Yep, because you need ten remixes of the same song.

Exactly, and they'll all be crap as well.
    Where the hell is that Will.I.Am remix they boasted about.

I can't believe i'm actually looking forward to a remix by will.i.am, but if NLOTH2 is anything to go by, it should be as good if not better than the original mix.
  10. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Exactly, and they'll all be crap as well.
    Where the hell is that Will.I.Am remix they boasted about.

I can't believe i'm actually looking forward to a remix by will.i.am, but if NLOTH2 is anything to go by, it should be as good if not better than the original mix.

No Line 2 is a bloody awesome remix. For once a remix stands up well to a proper song.

You obviously haven't heard of Magnificent 50? 50 remixes of the same song on 50 individual discs, with 50 additional interviews by each DJ who remixed the songs, at, you guessed it, 50 minutes each. If the DJ talks for even one second over 50 minutes - they've been warned - it's cut off - even if they left the interesting bits for the 51st minute. And possibly if it gets the go-ahead, we'll have Magnificent 99.9. You wait for that...you know what it's got.

After that, there'll be a few re-issues of Magnificent Remixes, and depending on which region you're in, you get a selection of those remixes, plus five videos, all the same, remixed with never-before scenes and stretched out to make the song a bit longer, and give you better value, all at the same time - and to be released on every format you can think of. With a subscription service to receive one new remix for the remainder of the year.

But yeah, I get what you're saying and it is kind of stupid, especially in this day and age - does anyone put out ten remixes or five remixes of the one song - it worked for Lemon and Mysterious Ways (and those remixes sucked too, so nothing's changed), but that was over 15 years ago. Guaranteed it'll chart well on the Club and Dance charts, but in the normal ones, it won't have a chance.

I mean, what was on the singles to start with? Nothing that particularly stands out:

Magnificent (UK and US Edit) - I'm still wondering what the differences are. Why not the full song?
    Breathe (Live From Somerville) - Nice to promote another song, but live? Seriously?
    Vertigo (Live From Somerville) - A B-side or something would have been better.
    Get On Your Boots (Justice Remix) - It sucked badly. End of story.

U2 aren't marketing this single properly. It could get the album back into the public spotlight, but it seems they've forgotten not everybody lives in Europe and the US, and can't see the shows for whatever reason, so promote the album and singles better in those non-touring places, and at least try and get some recognition! I hate to mention it, but Coldplay are doing a far better job for the non-touring regions, with a live recording for free download, decent singles and what are U2 doing?

I certainly won't be buying the Remixes EP. I've downloaded the remixes already from various places, so I don't honestly need another five of the bloody things. U2 would have had better luck if they'd released a Greatest Hits, or U2: The Ultimate Collection - four discs worth of hits, B-sides and demos plus a fifth disc with a live show on it.

Get On Your Boots was a fucking brilliant single release with the actual full song and a very good remix of a great song, but Magnificent has shit inclusions and should be forgotten it ever existed as a single - that's if it's not already deleted from the record catalog. On Q Magazine, Bono said "If we get this right, 2009 will be ours!" - it clearly isn't at this point.

11. When first night in Barcelona happens...2009 will be theirs and theirs only.