1. I searched for it and it seems we don't have a proper, dedicated topic for this lovely band.
    My top 3 of recent bands always were U2, Coldplay and the Red Hot Chili Peppers but the Kings of Leon managed to join these three within a period of 4 months.

I bought Only By The Night in December, fell in love with it and decided to buy their 3 previous albums. From the recent bands, they're the only one together with U2, Coldplay and RHCP which can give me chills and goosebumps.

Listen to Arizona, Ragoo from Because of the Times or the more garage-rock songs from the first two albums. Some say their recent album is a dip in form but I think they're just continuing with the slightly new direction which started with Because of the Times, and they're doing that in a good way.

My thoughts so far
  2. Had a massive spell with this band at the end of last year and despite seeing then do a great gig here in Belfast they have fell right off the radar again. 2nd album is fantastic, 3rd is good but the latest album is tosh. Milk, Arizona and Camaro would be my favourite songs.

3. I hardly listen to Sex on Fire though. I think the album has better songs to offer. Actually comparable to Boots -> No Line On The Horizon.

4. although I hate both songs in question they are 2 cracking singles no doubt
  5. Up until this latest album, the only song I knew was Red Morning Light 'cause it was on the FIFA 04 playlist lol. However, I decided that I should give 'em a go and got Aha Shake Heartbreak the other week - not had the time to listen to it all the way through, but from what I did listen to (first few songs), I decided that whilst I love a lot of the instrumentation, I think Caleb's voice is gonna have to grow on me
  6. I had always felt that the singer sounded retarded.

Then the second last album - Because of the Times - was a revelation to me. Some great tunes, particuarly Fans and Arizona.

Then Only By The Night saw me lost interest. Sex On Fire has done its dash for me and others are well, not so good. Very much a dip in form as Casper said earlier.

Still one of the best band going around though.
  7. Originally posted by aussiemofo:I had always felt that the singer sounded retarded.

Then the second last album - Because of the Times - was a revelation to me. Some great tunes, particuarly Fans and Arizona.

Then Only By The Night saw me lost interest. Sex On Fire has done its dash for me and others are well, not so good. Very much a dip in form as Casper said earlier.

Still one of the best band going around though.

About Caleb's voice..it suits the music perfectly, I think. And I wondered if he could sing like that live..he can and he does.
  8. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

About Caleb's voice..it suits the music perfectly, I think. And I wondered if he could sing like that live..he can and he does.

yep, the voice fits songs like Closer so perfectly
  9. Are they not releasing a DVD or something?
  10. Over-rated I think. A great example of a band who sell more records than U2 these days....an ok band with average talent but have a good image. As musicians they are nothing special.