1. I'm not so sure whether he'd be happy or not. Sure, for the royalties and that stuff and getting his name out there once again, but these people running into stores to pick up copies of the albums - did they give a toss about him when he was alive? My answer would be no. That's what would annoy anyone.

And in today's newspaper it said fans would have to wait a week to get the albums. Wouldn't fans have his albums already? If they were real fans, they'd have the music, and not part with it now considering how all of a sudden it has become so very popular. I know I won't be. People called me stupid for buying them when I was, now look at the massive sell-outs and regained popularity. Who's stupid now?

Me? I'll continue to buy the singles and videos, not out of the fact as an after-death thing, but that the music was great, right up to the end and that I was planning to anyway. It was just a pity that 2001 onwards was his least-productive decade and the Greatest Hits decade; I'm sure if he had known that he might be dead by 2009, he would have released more and recorded far more songs. No tour, no promotion for the last album and generally lack of interest in anything related to him.

No problem...over the next three years, we should be seeing a new DVD of his rehearsals and previous tours, a few new albums with finished and unfinished songs, unreleased songs and photo shoots, plus a new game supposedly. When U2 parts, the music will live on forever because it is top-shelf music and is real quality. Same as with this man, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen - the greats of our time.

I just can't believe how close it was to him proving he still had it, and now it's not to be. I say this thread, starting next week gets some very cool demos. I'll start with two next week. Some I don't think I can share because of various C&D claims, but the ones that don't have it can indeed be shared.
  2. agree with what youre saying.

no further comment.

only that i yesterday heard The Playboy Mansion since along time.... cant help that i smiled at the ''Michael Jackson....History''....line
  3. just woundered if any of you have seen this clip of Michael Jackson's ghost

4. Check out The Sun today, some dude is saying his ghost is on his car bonnet. Spooky....he's on the covers of Thriller and Dangerous as well!!!

Have you seen the actual Michael Jackson 'Ghost' music video? A masterpiece in itself. Also there's the Bad short film (18 minutes) and the panther edit of Black or White. They're the three best short films you can see - oh and Remember The Time too.

I'll have to find a few cool videos to show here. My favorites anyway.
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Check out The Sun today, some dude is saying his ghost is on his car bonnet. Spooky....he's on the covers of Thriller and Dangerous as well!!!

Have you seen the actual Michael Jackson 'Ghost' music video?

can't say i have

6. It's in four parts because it's so damned long. And there's a hilarious video on YouTube where some dude goes across the shopping isle in a trolley and shouts 'hee hee'. That cracked me up, just trying to find it now.

Of Ghosts, not the four minute one. The 40 minute one.

These:

- Remember The Time
    - Morphine
    - Is It Scary
    - 2000 Watts
    - Give In To Me
    - MTV 1995 Black or White + Dangerous
    - Black or White (14 minutes)
    - The Way You Make Me Feel (9 minutes)
    - Bad (18 minutes)
    - Earth Song
    - We've Had Enough
    - Blood On The Dance Floor (7 minutes)

All very cool. What made me a fan.
  7. Associated Press:

Major Jackson tribute planned for Vienna

By WILLIAM J. KOLE (AP) – 2 hours ago

VIENNA — The King of Pop is about to get a royal send-off in Vienna.

Events promoter World Awards Media GmbH confirmed Monday that members of Michael Jackson's family and a "high-profile lineup of international stars" are planning a tribute concert to be held within a few weeks in the Austrian capital.

Organizers said they'll announce the date soon, but the venue is set: the sculpted and sprawling grounds of Vienna's former imperial Schoenbrunn Palace.

Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20, World Awards Media said on its Web site.

"For one incredible night Michael Jackson's unforgettable music will be brought to life again," it said. "Some of the world's leading artists will perform Michael's greatest hits live in Vienna in front of one of the most fascinating historical sites in Europe and celebrate the life of the 'King of Pop.'"

Organizers said Jermaine Jackson and other family members "will lead a high-profile lineup of international stars on stage to celebrate the life of his brother and perform some of Michael's unforgettable songs."

They would not confirm Austrian media reports that the outdoor tribute may include U2, Madonna, Lionel Richie and Whitney Houston.

There were conflicting reports Monday about the date. Some said the tribute still might be held Aug. 29, which would have been Jackson's 51st birthday; others said it will be staged in mid-September because organizers need more time to plan.

Jackson died June 25 in Los Angeles.

The daily Oesterreich said giant screens would be set up in parks around Vienna to handle the huge overflow crowds expected for the event.

Schoenbrunn, one of Vienna's biggest tourist attractions, can accommodate about 85,000 people. World Awards Media said grandstands would be set up for 5,000 VIP guests, and that a special stage would be constructed in the shape of a crown, with the majestic yellow palace in the background.

In a Friday evening appearance on "Larry King Live," Jermaine Jackson had hinted that a big tribute was planned in Vienna. He said the Austrian capital was "a very dear place for Michael."

"And he loved castles. And we're going to have this huge celebration in front of a castle," Jermaine Jackson said.

Strictly speaking, stately Schoenbrunn is more of a palace than a castle.

A UNESCO World Heritage site, its history dates to the 14th century, but it's best known for slightly more recent occupants: members of the royal Habsburg dynasty, which ruled the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Open-air concerts — usually featuring opera and classical music — often are held on its grounds.

Austria already has played host to a Jackson tribute: Last month, Jermaine Jackson performed some of his brother's hits on a stage erected outside a mothballed nuclear power plant west of Vienna.

In a statement posted Monday on the World Awards Media site, he said the upcoming tribute concert was conceived as an annual event "to keep not only his unique music alive, but his spirit as well."
  8. They would not confirm Austrian media reports that the outdoor tribute may include U2, Madonna, Lionel Richie and Whitney Houston.

I read this earlier - you reckon Slash and Santana are gonna be taking part, considering they were part of his last few albums?

Also something really cool coming later which some of you may enjoy....depends if I can find it first...
  9. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

I read this earlier - you reckon Slash and Santana are gonna be taking part, considering they were part of his last few albums?

No idea. And to be honest, I don't care. I'm sick of MJ.

10. It's overblown by the media and it's actually become annoying.
  11. Yeh I'm saying to myself "like, there's plenty of other child molesters out there"
  12. Probably Angel of Harlem, let me guess..