1. Originally posted by Hans23:[..]

ah sorry, i've just seen quite a few people thinking it closes because its so new. And I agree, football is an outdoor sport and should continue to be that

...no worries.They've stuck a bloody roof over Centre Court for Christ sake,what's with that,that's stupid....what next ? Lords ? The old Wembley was a dump,first went there in 1977,remember getting splinters in my arse from crap wooden benches for seating on the lower section of the stadium....
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:i'm all for an open roof as long as its dark. 10:30 curfew sucks. Suppose it means plenty of time before tha bars close though

...it'll be getting dark by at least 8.15pm come middle of August....
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:i'm all for an open roof as long as its dark. 10:30 curfew sucks. Suppose it means plenty of time before tha bars close though

yeah, after the Muse gig it was nice and easy to get out of the city, the underground was still in full swing and the trains home were still fairly regular, so it has its peaks

Originally posted by gmc:[..]

...no worries.They've stuck a bloody roof over Centre Court for Christ sake,what's with that,that's stupid....what next ? Lords ? The old Wembley was a dump,first went there in 1977,remember getting splinters in my arse from crap wooden benches for seating on the lower section of the stadium....

to young to remember it, though went to an Engalnd U21 game there once, I think being outdone by the welsh was the final straw
  4. Support at half 6, U2 at 8
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:i'm all for an open roof as long as its dark. 10:30 curfew sucks. Suppose it means plenty of time before tha bars close though

Yeh the curfew is mainly due to public transport issues as everyone has to get the tube and they need to give everyone plenty of time to get home.........and with regards to bars.....i wouldnt hang around near the stadium...its a dump.......head to finchley road (1 stop) or into town....
  6. Still assessing my options for getting home. Flying out of Stanstead at 7 the next morning. Sont know whether to just eat out after the gig then head to the airport and nap some kip there or find a hotel for a bit of kip but thatd mean getting up early as hell and whats the public transport to Stanstead like at 5am? What do you guys reckon?
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:Still assessing my options for getting home. Flying out of Stanstead at 7 the next morning. Sont know whether to just eat out after the gig then head to the airport and nap some kip there or find a hotel for a bit of kip but thatd mean getting up early as hell and whats the public transport to Stanstead like at 5am? What do you guys reckon?

There wont be any tubes that early (but there should be trains from Farringdon or liverpool street or coaches from Victoria- National express).

If you have the energy I would go into London, have a few beers and head to Stanstead from Victoria about 2/3am when things start to quiten down....and catch some sleep at the airport....I did it once when I went to portugal....the flight was terrible though...i thought i was going to die....was pretty hammered though!
  8. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:[..]

There wont be any tubes that early (but there should be trains from Farringdon or liverpool street or coaches from Victoria- National express).

If you have the energy I would go into London, have a few beers and head to Stanstead from Victoria about 2/3am when things start to quiten down....and catch some sleep at the airport....I did it once when I went to portugal....the flight was terrible though...i thought i was going to die....was pretty hammered though!

Sounds like a plan. Flight is only an hour and I have no baggage or crap to collect in Belfast so it'd be straight into a taxi and home within 20 minutes. Cheers
  9. Hello, I'm taking the Eurostar from Brussels to London. but I need to know when the gig REALLY starts and ends.

thank you

10. U2 usually come on at 9 in the UK don't they?

Mind, they have to be done by 11, so maybe half 8?

To the original poster, if you aim for 8pm you'll be fine.
  11. Originally posted by djrlewis:[..]

U2 usually come on at 9 in the UK don't they?

Mind, they have to be done by 11, so maybe half 8?

To the original poster, if you aim for 8pm you'll be fine.

I think it will be 8 o clock. Thats whats stated on ticketmaster. Support at half 6, play 45 minutes then its another 45 to clear the stage and play some build up music.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

I think it will be 8 o clock. Thats whats stated on ticketmaster. Support at half 6, play 45 minutes then its another 45 to clear the stage and play some build up music.

2 support bands though.

They definitely came on about 8.30 in Cardiff. Enough to be done by 11. Ah well, 8 - 8.30, who cares...