1. IT'S VERY SIMPLE!

Well said.
  2. Polarising. My type of song.
  3. That's why I don't go to DM concerts....
  4. I love the remix. It was so cool and I still listen to it!
  5. If I were a Depeche Mode fan I would care about their concerts but I'm not

Crazy Tonight is a flawed song from its conception so whatever approach they would take with it would be probably disappointing anyway.
  6. Now that I think of it... One of my biggest problems with the Crazy Tonight remix is the setlist placement they chose for it. Seguing into SBS??? What the fuck. It was a somewhat funny piece and it would have been much better during the "lighter" portion of the show, not leading into the heavy/political part.

(...)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    Angel Of Harlem
    In A Little While I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
    Unknown Caller
    The Unforgettable Fire In A Little While
    City Of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight The Unforgettable Fire
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    (...)

Something like that would have been much more easier to digest IMO.
  7. They should have opened the damn encore with it.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:It was a somewhat funny piece and it would have been much better during the "lighter" portion of the show, not leading into the heavy/political part.

The turning point of the set is a mind-blasting techno remix version of the new song ‘I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight’, with the Claw on full acid house lighting effect turning the stadium into a spinning mirrorball. Given that the audience is not particularly familiar with the song (let alone a dance remix), it is actually intended to create a moment of disorientation and discomfort, ending with Bono on his knees, repeatedly singing the coda “It’s not a hill, it’s a mountain”. If I’ve got this right (it was 3 am when we were having this conversation, and many Marguerites had been consumed) from that point on his protagonist has been taken out of himself, and the second act begins in which he moves from the personal to the political, wrestling with the problems of the wider world in a string of songs that includes Sunday Bloody Sunday (recast to acknowledge the protesters of Iran), Pride, Walk On and Where The Streets Have No Name.

That was kinda the point of its placing.
  9. Yeah I’ll go crazy remix instead of Ultra Violet or HMTMKMKM as encore opener . That would probably be up there as the worst Setlist change ever.
  10. But if it had always been the encore opener, can it be considered a setlist change? You’d never be any the wiser.
  11. Originally posted by iTim:But if it had always been the encore opener, can it be considered a setlist change? You’d never be any the wiser.
    True, but we do know what they played and I’ll go crazy would have been a major step down. The encore openers were up there with the best encore openers they’ve ever done. Setlist placement wasn’t the issue for me anyway. If anything I probably preferred it being where it was, didn’t come too near the start to ruin the beginning of the show and didn’t come too near the end to ruin that either. There was enough space either side of it to build up and regain momentum.