2. My Grooveshark playlist for tonight ran as follows:

1. Closer to Fine: Indigo Girls
    2. Wattershed: Foo Fighters
    3. Bad Girlfriend: Theory of a Deadman
    4. Frontier City: Kings of Leon
    5. Arizona: Kings of Leon
    6. Camaro: Kings of Leon
    7. Burn the Witch: Queens of the Stone Age

3. Anything particular I could listen to to get me started with Blur? I'm not familiar with anything Albarn has done aside from Gorillaz (which I really like, if thats any help)
  4. Muse - the whole Absolution album, the instrumental copy. What a masterpiece.
  5. The Alarm - 68 Guns, followed by Suede- The Beautiful Ones

6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Anything particular I could listen to to get me started with Blur? I'm not familiar with anything Albarn has done aside from Gorillaz (which I really like, if thats any help)

Start off with the tremendous Parklife album, which is one of the best 90's albums. Then go on with Modern Life Is Rubbish and The Great Escape.Then watch the glorious Glastonbury 2009 show or the Hyde Park dvd.

Or just watch this:

That should help
  7. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy:[..]

Start off with the tremendous Parklife album, which is one of the best 90's albums. Then go on with Modern Life Is Rubbish and The Great Escape.Then watch the glorious Glastonbury 2009 show or the Hyde Park dvd.

Or just watch this:
    [YouTube Video]

That should help

WOW that was amazing...I'm definitely giving those albums a try...THANKS!
  8. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Anything particular I could listen to to get me started with Blur? I'm not familiar with anything Albarn has done aside from Gorillaz (which I really like, if thats any help)

My advice is buy The Best Of album really. But songs to look out for are:

- Song 2
    - Parklife
    - Coffee & TV
    - Beetlebum
    - The Universal
    - End of a Century
    - No Distance Left to Run
    - Tender
    - Girls & Boys
    - Country House

Oh, and also has MirrorballBoy said, get the Parklife album, it's a great album + watch the Glastonbury 2009 performance when they did a 15 minute version of Tender
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

My advice is buy The Best Of album really. But songs to look out for are:

- Song 2
    - Parklife
    - Coffee & TV
    - Beetlebum
    - The Universal
    - End of a Century
    - No Distance Left to Run
    - Tender
    - Girls & Boys
    - Country House

Oh, and also has MirrorballBoy said, get the Parklife album, it's a great album + watch the Glastonbury 2009 performance when they did a 15 minute version of Tender

Have to add To The End and This Is A Low to that list. And my personal favourites Sunday Sunday, Tracy Jacks, She's So High and There's No Other Way.

Anyway it's not a Blur topic..

Coldplay - Moses