1. Just wondering if anyone has heard of where, when, how etc we'll get the inevitable official DVD filmed and released? Surely this tour is too good to miss putting down on hard copy!
    went to Dublin 1 - lifted me right up of my soles! Here's a quiz to mark my first post!
    Quick U2 Quiz
    1. With whom did Bono sing a song made famous by Nancy Sinatra? (Give yourself another point for the song itself!)
    2. Whilst singing “All I want is you” live in Slane 2001, why did Bono sing the chorus as “All I want is f***ing you man”?
    3. Larry usually stays behind his kit on tour however he famously took the mike during Zoo to sing which song?
    4. What number appeared on Edge’s t-shirt during the Elevation Tour?
    5. U2’s first UK #1?
    6. Who replaced Adam when he missed the Sydney #1 gig on Zoo?
    7. What was the name of the troupe who pranced around before Zoo? Remember the big papier-mâché heads?
    8. What is the most played song on every U2 tour to date – most plays over all tours?
    9. Where was the band when they announced they would “go away and dream it all up again”?
    10. Which of the band is allergic to wine?
  2. Haven't heard anything about a tour DVD.

1. With whom did Bono sing a song made famous by Nancy Sinatra? (Give yourself another point for the song itself!) Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad?

2. Whilst singing “All I want is you” live in Slane 2001, why did Bono sing the chorus as “All I want is f***ing you man”? Because he saw the guy who threw the water on him?

3. Larry usually stays behind his kit on tour however he famously took the mike during Zoo to sing which song?

4. What number appeared on Edge’s t-shirt during the Elevation Tour? 7?

5. U2’s first UK #1? Desire

6. Who replaced Adam when he missed the Sydney #1 gig on Zoo? Stuart Morgan, his bass technician?

7. What was the name of the troupe who pranced around before Zoo? Remember the big papier-mâché heads? Riverdance

8. What is the most played song on every U2 tour to date – most plays over all tours? It's either Pride or I Will Follow.

9. Where was the band when they announced they would “go away and dream it all up again”? December 30, 1989 at The Point Depot, Dublin.

10. Which of the band is allergic to wine? Bono.
  3. Originally posted by ColMag:Just wondering if anyone has heard of where, when, how etc we'll get the inevitable official DVD filmed and released? Surely this tour is too good to miss putting down on hard copy!
    went to Dublin 1 - lifted me right up of my soles! Here's a quiz to mark my first post!
    Quick U2 Quiz
    1. With whom did Bono sing a song made famous by Nancy Sinatra? (Give yourself another point for the song itself!)
    2. Whilst singing “All I want is you” live in Slane 2001, why did Bono sing the chorus as “All I want is f***ing you man”?
    4. What number appeared on Edge’s t-shirt during the Elevation Tour?
    5. U2’s first UK #1?
    6. Who replaced Adam when he missed the Sydney #1 gig on Zoo?
    7. What was the name of the troupe who pranced around before Zoo? Remember the big papier-mâché heads?
    8. What is the most played song on every U2 tour to date – most plays over all tours?
    9. Where was the band when they announced they would “go away and dream it all up again”?
    10. Which of the band is allergic to wine?

1. asnwered by drew
    2. as answered by drew
    3. wild rover / dirty old town
    4. 7, other numbers too
    5. the fly?
    6. stuart
    7. the macnas
    8. pride
    9. drew once again
    10. b

4. I edited the title..just to make things clear. Welcome here!
    Also moved to another section
  5. I thought he meant who the dance troupe was on The Sweetest Thing video. That was Riverdance, but it indeed is the Macnas.

Macnas first came to national attention in Ireland when a 20 metre long representation of Gulliver was washed up on a beach in Dublin, Ireland’s capital city, as part of the Dublin Millennium celebrations in 1988. They reinforced their position as a force to be reckoned with in the Arts in Ireland with a succession of carnival-style parades for the Galway Arts Festival, which attracts huge numbers of people to Galway each July.
    There is now a strong international dimension to Macnas’ work. Macnas has performed in more than 20 countries including Ireland, Britain, most of Europe, the USA and South America both in it’s own right bringing shows, parades and celebrations and alongside U2 as part of the Zooropa ’93 world tour.

http://www.macnas.com/about.php?id=12

And after that little quiz, I forgot to welcome ColMag to the site!
  6. Welcome to the club! Quite an original first post you have there

Hope to see you around!
  7. Apologies Risto, Drew, MWSAH, Dieder - been busy with work and really just catching up now! Here's what I had as the answers:

1. With whom did Bono sing a song made famous by Nancy Sinatra? (Give yourself another point for the song itself!) - Summer Wine with the Corrs
    2. Whilst singing “All I want is you” live in Slane 2001, why did Bono sing the chorus as “All I want is f***ing you man”? - he was aiming it at the Dub who threw water over him - pity as it was dedicated to Ali - hope she didnt mind!!!
    3. Larry usually stays behind his kit on tour however he famously took the mike during Zoo to sing which song? - Dirty Ole Town / Wild Rover medley
    4. What number appeared on Edge’s t-shirt during the Elevation Tour? - I got 7 but take the point there may have been more!
    5. U2’s first UK #1? - Desire
    6. Who replaced Adam when he missed the Sydney #1 gig on Zoo? - Bass Tech Stuart -naughty Adam!
    7. What was the name of the troupe who pranced around before Zoo? Remember the big papier-mâché heads? - Indeed it was Macnas - want the Larry head along with a stormtrooper outfit for Xmas!
    8. What is the most played song on every U2 tour to date – most plays over all tours? - I will follow
    9. Where was the band when they announced they would “go away and dream it all up again”? - Point Depot, Dublin
    10. Which of the band is allergic to wine? Bono

Think "Your Blue Room" works on this tour? Always have a fondness for the record version - with Adam at the end - the jury is out!
  8. Helooooooooooooo peaple!!!

I'm from brazil, and, i'm crazy a lot for u2!::Y

I'm happy in to find this site!!

and, if anyone here, knows somethings about the u2 coming to brazil, i thanks!

see you all later...
  9. Originally posted by Alessandru2: Helooooooooooooo peaple!!!

I'm from brazil, and, i'm crazy a lot for u2!::Y

I'm happy in to find this site!!

and, if anyone here, knows somethings about the u2 coming to brazil, i thanks!

see you all later...

Ow, yes, the absolutely fitting forum fo this post
  10. tks "like a song", and, i frequently a site like it, it's calling Ultraviolet-Brasil.

yes, and, very hot too.

Where is it site from?
  11. Welcome, nice quiz

think I'm right in saying that just before it was dropped on this tour, Pride overtook IWF as most played song
  12. Originally posted by djrlewis:Welcome, nice quiz

think I'm right in saying that just before it was dropped on this tour, Pride overtook IWF as most played song

Yes it did, and it may stay like that unless IWF starts making some 360 appearances. Those two songs are way out on top by nearly 100 concerts.

And welcome by the way!