1. Originally posted by Coen:Even though the AMerican crowd might be not as 'active' as the Europeans I'm sure we will get a great dvd. Imagine a HD view of the claw...doesnt matter in which country/city it is..For the European shows we have enough BRILLIANT bootlegs like the Amsterdam Pure and u2ubed right? Cant wait to see it!

Well said.
  2. Originally posted by Coen:Even though the AMerican crowd might be not as 'active' as the Europeans I'm sure we will get a great dvd. Imagine a HD view of the claw...doesnt matter in which country/city it is..For the European shows we have enough BRILLIANT bootlegs like the Amsterdam Pure and u2ubed right? Cant wait to see it!

The DVD will sure be pretty but I don't think thats all that we want. We want a scorcher of a performance and that relies on feedback from the crowd. Hopefully they get that on Sunday to spur them on. Pure and U2ubed in particular can in no way, shape or form be compared to an official release
  3. It might be me, but the U2.com story doesnt really talk about a dvd-release. And it gets mentioned just once in the email for U2.com users
  4. I dunno. The crowd is literally just as pivotal to a good show than the band and stage are. Thats my view.I'd put the crowd ahead of the stage and maybe even the band. 2 DVD's seems highly unlikely. Should have held off until next year.

Happy with a webcast, but give us a different DVD
  5. Originally posted by markp91:It might be me, but the U2.com story doesnt really talk about a dvd-release. And it gets mentioned just once in the email for U2.com users

I think they will use the same show for the webcast and DVD. I do expect more angles etc from the DVD though. They just can't have the time to edit helicopter or blimp shots etc into a live webcast. So see the webcast as a stripped down version of the full dvd (that will be from the same show)
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

The DVD will sure be pretty but I don't think thats all that we want. We want a scorcher of a performance and that relies on feedback from the crowd. Hopefully they get that on Sunday to spur them on. Pure and U2ubed in particular can in no way, shape or form be compared to an official release

I know we cant compare bootlegs to the official release but a bootleg does capture the intensity from a live show in my opinion. That's why I'm more than happy with a US release becuase for me the official dvd is just for the bigger picture (i.e. stage, light show, close ups etc.). Agreed?
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:I think they will use the same show for the webcast and DVD. I do expect more angles etc from the DVD though. They just can't have the time to edit helicopter or blimp shots etc into a live webcast. So see the webcast as a stripped down version of the full dvd (that will be from the same show)
    Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires 06 was broadcasted live, and both featured tons of cameras, including helicopter ones (for Sao Paulo).
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

I think they will use the same show for the webcast and DVD. I do expect more angles etc from the DVD though. They just can't have the time to edit helicopter or blimp shots etc into a live webcast. So see the webcast as a stripped down version of the full dvd (that will be from the same show)

Seems logical
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires 06 was broadcasted live, and both featured tons of cameras, including helicopter ones (for Sao Paulo).

neither look like an official release though.

I'm just expecting massively crazy angles for this DVD that I don't think will be seen in the webcast
  10. Originally posted by Coen:I know we cant compare bootlegs to the official release but a bootleg does capture the intensity from a live show in my opinion. That's why I'm more than happy with a US release becuase for me the official dvd is just for the bigger picture (i.e. stage, light show, close ups etc.). Agreed?
    No.
    An official DVD is (or should be) all about the performance. It should be designed in order to make the not-attending people feel like they were on the show... that includes a giant stage and great footage, ok, but also includes a crazy crowd (which I don't think will be on Sunday's show).
  11. Again?
    I was hoping they save it for next year say somewhere Europe
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:neither look like an official release though.

I'm just expecting massively crazy angles for this DVD that I don't think will be seen in the webcast
    Crazy = Bad or Good? Didn't get you there