1. Originally posted by FarazU2:Am i the only one who thought vertigo tour was epically cool? Well i think that because the tour looked awesome in U23D

Absolutely not. I voted Vertigo..

The middle section bores me- its' true. But there are certain parts of 360° and Elevation that bore me too- GRANTED they're not all clumped together into one section of the show (SBS/Bullet on Vertigo was pretty bad)

But the Vertigo Tour was in progress when I first got into U2...the Chicago DVD opened my eyes to songs I'd never heard by them, even though Rattle & Hum was my first DVD of theirs. Songs from "Boy", the Zoo-Encore, and even "Elevation" were completely unknown to me at that point. I was in 8th grade, and the only U2 I knew was what my dad had on the radio- New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Where the Streets Have No Name...all the really popular old hits. Nothing modern.

The light curtains were a brilliant touch, one-upping the Elevation stage. Keeping it simple, but taking it to the next level. I love the lights moving around the ellipse, the fog machines, and the bands' wardrobe, too

The setlist was a tad flawed, but it was all I had at that point. I have so much emotional connection to that era- even though I never actually attended a show- it just automatically remains my favorite tour of 2000's and on. 360° has been a magical experience, but I feel strange rating it yet when its' not over. Setlist changes were frequent on the later legs of Vertigo- and if that happens with 360°, and the fans get just a touch of variety, then it will jump to the #1 spot.

Sorry for the apparent novel.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Were you at a U2 rehearsals? Now THAT is awesome

Great pics, oh dear, that's greaaat!!! It's weird looking at that empty stadium, weird but fantastic and emotional at the same time. Oh, great memories, august 2005, heat, sweat, tears, songs... How do I love this guys so much

I was at the rehearsals, with a small bunch of other mad U2 fans, standing in the pouring rain, watching Bono with his umbrella, skipping through the lake of water on the stage and singing 'Singing in the Rain'. It was a damn cool moment.

And to bring this back on topic, one difference I've noticed with 360 is the band seem to be spending less time interacting with fans before and after the shows. They've done a runner straight after closing a bunch of times and even when they don't it doesn't seem like they're coming out to say hello much.

But still, just on the shows themselves, I think 360 craps all over Vertigo.
  3. I saw a Vertigo show and a 360 show but missed out on the Elevation tour. I TRIED to get there (was even standing outside the ACC in TO) but tickets were going for $300 from scalpers and the show had already began! Note: I ended up paying close to that for the other tow shows. Anyway, I really enjoy listening to many of the Elevation shows now and put it first. Then I'll say 360 - which was awesome - and then Vertigo (which was OK when I saw it - seems better now after listening to shows from Chicago, Milan, and Buenos Aires. Agreed that SBS and BBS were weak on that tour.
  4. I'd pick Elevation cause it was the first time I was exposed to U2's amazing live prowess via Slane Castle

But as far as epic stage and setlists go, 360 comes very close. VERY, VERY close. Heck right next to Elevation for me.

Vertigo was epic in it's own way, but was far too "greatest hits" for me, which I'm alright with except it became too stale.

5. For me Elevation as well.
  6. 360 will be the winner.. So much for the current tour

What is your favorite U2 tour of the 2000s so far? (poll started on 2009-12-07)

U2 360 (2009-2010) - 43.5%
    Elevation tour (2001) - 23.6%
    Vertigo tour (2005-2006) - 21.8%
    I like all of them equally - 10%
    I dislike all of them - 1%

Votes: 687